Georgia Fishing Forum

Best Georgia burger joint?

Posted By: The Fishing Physicist

Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/10/11 01:49 AM

Not including chains....

TFP
Posted By: IceAAA

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/10/11 02:44 AM

Bob, what's the place in White we ate at on the way back from Carters? That has to be up there.
Posted By: Tom Cox

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/10/11 12:14 PM

I'd like to know that too....so far, haven't found one smirk
Posted By: Bob Smith

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/10/11 04:26 PM

Wesman's Pretty darned good burgers. Another place is the Udder Delight on 113 near Stilesboro and Taylorsville (right by the intersection of Covered Bridge Rd. and 113.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/10/11 04:28 PM

Another place for super excellent burgers is not in Georgia but over in Alabama on hwy 35 going up over the mountain just past the Little River Waterfalls, the Little River grocery and grill is about as good as it gets!!

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/10/11 10:31 PM

Do Georgians commit the ultimate burger sin, and put ketchup barf on their burgers?

TFP
Posted By: hockeyruss123

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/10/11 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by FishingPhysicist
Do Georgians commit the ultimate burger sin, and put ketchup barf on their burgers?

TFP

gotta have kecthup!!! woot
hold the mustard and pickles though!

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/10/11 11:50 PM

i like cheeseburger bobby's, fuddruckers, or 5 guys which i think is the closets to in-n-out burger....

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/10/11 11:53 PM

Russ, you need to get away from the metromess. Those guys are ok, but you need to experience some of the bonified handpressed burgers!
Posted By: bojangles

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/11/11 12:00 AM

Have not all food turn into metromess.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/11/11 12:45 AM

Cheeseburgers, Chili Cheeseburgers, Chiliburgers......all good stuff.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/11/11 12:50 AM

In Birmingham try Hamburger Heaven (HWY 280 south of Bham and in Irondale - just off I-20 kinda close to Bass Pro), Milos downtown and Roebuck.

The best place, I think is closed...VJs on the Runway...literally at the end of the runway at Birmingham Airport. Great burgers (used to buy by the sack load) and a good selection of ICE COLD longnecks.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/11/11 02:18 AM

I would assume that one of the best parts of a Georgia burger would be the Vidalia Sweet Onions that yall must put on yalls burgers.

Question? Do Vidalias grill up well?

TFP
Posted By: ProMo

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/11/11 11:35 AM

Right across the street from where i work on Windy Hill, Fatburgers are the best i've had but not the Healthiest chef party2, why is it the greesy foods always taste the best, and Fatburger's Burgers are to die for, i mean really to die for. www.fatburger.com up

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/11/11 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by FishingPhysicist
I would assume that one of the best parts of a Georgia burger would be the Vidalia Sweet Onions that yall must put on yalls burgers.

Question? Do Vidalias grill up well?

TFP

Oh yeah, the Vidalia's are excellent on a burger. grill

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/11/11 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Smith
Russ, you need to get away from the metromess. Those guys are ok, but you need to experience some of the bonified handpressed burgers!

bob any suggestions around here locally?

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/11/11 11:17 PM

Out on 113 and up on 411. fairly close. Where do you live Russ?
Posted By: Brother Bill

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/12/11 01:04 AM

Bob that place over at crow creek on G-ville was pretty darn good.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/12/11 01:24 AM

Do you mean, the one at Racoon Creek?

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/12/11 01:42 AM

I thought Raccoon Creek was down the river and we put in at Crow Creek? no_idea Either way the joint at the ramp was pretty good. up

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/12/11 09:26 AM

Not to crash the Hamburger Thread but along the same line...Hotdogs...Hotdog Heaven in Woodstock on main street have every type of Hotdogs known to mankind. You can't miss the place, when they are open the set a statue of Betty Boob right out front. This place serves the biggest Hotdogs i have ever seen too and the best.
Posted By: Brother Bill

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/13/11 11:55 PM

Porko must be having a senior moment!!! he's reaching that age.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/14/11 02:12 AM

Out on 113 and up on 411. fairly close. Where do you live Russ?
acworth... mars hill and hwy41

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/14/11 04:22 PM

To get tot he Udder Delight, you would exit the first Cartersville exit northbound that is Main street and 113. Take it all the way through town and head towards Rockmart. Udder delight is about 6 miles south of the airport at the Covered Bridge rod traffic light (you will see Plant Bowen power plant on your right.
Wesman's is at the third Cartersville exit which is highway 411, turn right and head towards Chatsworth. As you start getting into White, GA look on your left for an old restaurant with a water wheel on the side of the building. That is Wesman's they also have a killer breakfast menu! Good home cooking!
Posted By: dannyp

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/14/11 04:28 PM

Hamburgers- Vortex at Little Five Points (just taking it from what my son said)

Hot Dogs- Brandys in Marietta (FKA Bettys Old Elizabeth town)

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/15/11 06:12 PM

The udder WHAT,WHAT's the name of that Udder place Bob chef grill party2

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/16/11 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by ProMo
Right across the street from where i work on Windy Hill, Fatburgers are the best i've had but not the Healthiest chef party2, why is it the greesy foods always taste the best, and Fatburger's Burgers are to die for, i mean really to die for. www.fatburger.com up

fat burger is a chain thats out west (cali).. dont know if the one out here does it or not but that have a burger challenge to eat some big burger and if you can they put your pic of the wall of shame..

another chain thats out west(cali)is tommies.. they got good stuff too... alot of people get their burgers topped with chilli..

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/16/11 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by hockeyruss123

fat burger is a chain thats out west (cali).. dont know if the one out here does it or not but that have a burger challenge to eat some big burger and if you can they put your pic of the wall of shame..

another chain thats out west(cali)is tommies.. they got good stuff too... alot of people get their burgers topped with chilli..

Russ, You can't mention California without mentioning In and Out Burger!!!

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/16/11 10:36 PM

Russ, You can't mention California without mentioning In and Out Burger!!!

i did mention it.. one of my first posts.. saying five guys was the closests to in-n-out burger....

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/16/11 10:40 PM

i like cheeseburger bobby's, fuddruckers, or 5 guys which i think is the closets to in-n-out burger....

found a new place for burgers.. after work i went by the dugout...... check it out!!

[Linked Image]

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/29/11 11:18 AM

'In and Out' Burger? What a demented mind could do with a name like that- chef flame cheers

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/29/11 12:26 PM

'In and Out' Burger? What a demented mind could do with a name like that- chef flame cheers

ONly a demented mind would think of it in those terms! trout

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/29/11 02:07 PM

Yep banana2
Posted By: bamabassman

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 09/10/11 01:43 AM

hey bob...have oyu ever eaten at the little place on hwy 35 at the top of the mountain towards where we used to live ont he bluff? little place ther called dairy something i think. they have an EXCELLANT burger, made ot order. home madeonion rings too i think. haven't ate there in a long time now but gonna before too much longer since i read this.

as for CATCUP on burgers........YES!!

mustard,catsup,mayo,lettuce, mater, dill pickles and EITHER OR ALL these cheeses, chedder,colby, marbled.
or jsut my bbq sauce, hahahaha!!

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 09/10/11 02:54 AM

John, That's Ralph's Little River Canyon Grocery, and yes they have some awesome burgers.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 09/10/11 02:30 PM

no bob, not that one. this little place is in SECTION, where we used to live. dangit, i hate forgetting names. lol.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 09/10/11 02:45 PM

That little hamburger stand on the west side of 35 just before you start down the mountain heading towards Comer?

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 09/11/11 01:52 AM

YES!!! right next to the chevron station. THAT place is a GREAT burger joint. try it sometime.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 09/11/11 05:37 PM

Will do, count tell ya how many times I have been tempted to stop there.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 09/12/11 02:20 AM

well stop by there next time bob. it's good i promise.
Posted By: Brian Cox

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/16/12 02:43 AM

Sugarpike Junction in Canton; 3 way intersection of Lower Union Hill Road and Sugarpike Road. Great handmade burgers. (they used to be a bit better but are still very good)

Chilidog--Brandy's in Cartersville or Marietta (cartersville offers up a mild for the ones who don't enjoy sweating while eating)

The world's best chilidog (and I challenge anyone) is Jimmy's World Famous Hot Dogs in Downtown Albany, Georgia.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/16/12 01:20 PM

Is this the ABA Brian (Stratos boat?)? Either way, Welcome to the GFF!! Great having you on here!
Posted By: Brian Cox

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/21/12 02:44 AM

yea. Thanks for the welcome.
Posted By: Burch's Tackle Shop

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/26/12 12:30 PM

[quote=Brian Cox]Sugarpike Junction in Canton; 3 way intersection of Lower Union Hill Road and Sugarpike Road. Great handmade burgers. (they used to be a bit better but are still very good)

agreed.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 09/10/12 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Burch's Tackle Shop
[quote=Brian Cox]Sugarpike Junction in Canton; 3 way intersection of Lower Union Hill Road and Sugarpike Road. Great handmade burgers. (they used to be a bit better but are still very good)

agreed.

and very near my home.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 09/18/12 11:27 AM

Mine, @ Home drinking, cheaper too.
Posted By: Occasionalfisher

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 07/11/13 05:26 AM

Schroders Deli in Rome on Hwy 27 has a great burger.
Also, there is a little BBQ place at the intersection of Lawrenceville Hwy and Sugarloaf Parkway in Atlanta that has GREAT burgers. I can't remember the name of the place but they are worth a detour when you go to the Bass Pro. It is in a strip mall parking lot.
Years ago Pruietts over on Lake Weiss had a great burger, but I have heard that the quality of that food has fallen off over the years.

Re: Best Georgia burger joint? - 08/03/14 07:14 PM

Another place for super excellent burgers is not in Georgia but over in Alabama on hwy 35 going up over the mountain just past the Little River Waterfalls, the Little River grocery and grill is about as good as it gets!!

Wally and I stopped in there last weekend on the way back from Guntersville and I think Wally found the burgers to be really great as well!
© 2020 Georgia Fishing Forum