This is the annual kickoff reminder for the Midnight Madness events we put on every year. Per the schedule listed below, we will have two events a month from May through September. The hours will be 7PM till 2AM, and all events will be held out Bartow County Gatewood Boat Ramp in Cartersville, GA. There will be a $50 entry fee ($10 to the Big Bass pot and $40 to a 1-5 payback, maximum 6 places), and an optional $10 side pot (winner take all on total weight). I have a 49 boat limit to avoid the $1million insurance cost. Even though we've come close a time or two we've never gone over that. I don't reserve spots in advance so get there early because if we ever reach 49 I will have to turn away anyone after that. The park launch fee is unchanged at $5 a launch or $40 annual pass (if you fish most of my Sunday Afternoons and Midnight Madness, the $40 is definitely more economical).
Rules?? yeah we do but only a few:
1. largemouth and spotted bass only, minimum 12", 5 bass limit, one dead fish allowed, but if weighing for Big Bass - Big Bass must be alive
2. Artificial baits only, no live bait (we tried it once and only one guy tried it for one trip, complained about the minnow bucket spilling on his carpet, end of that).
3. no rod length limits and trolling is allowed (not really a rule, I just put this in there because folks invariably ask me about it).
4. No alcohol during any of my events, ever. There is nothing more obnoxious or more dangerous than a drunk fisherman or boater. If I find out that you are doing it I will address it and my decision will be final. We just don't need it.
5. One of the things we pride ourselves on over the years is a history of fun, stress-free events. Folks enjoy the parking lot visits and friendly atmosphere. So, in the essence of good Sportsmanship, lets keep it that way! We have folks at every level of fishing expertise fishing these events and a lot of families participating, I would like for all these levels to openly share conversations about techniques and methods with everyone. No-one is asking for exact information and location, but a few tips certainly is a nice way to end the event. Share the knowledge, and be a good sportsman!
May 4, 2019 and May 25, 2019
June 8, 2019 and June 22, 2019
July 6, 2019 and July 27, 2019
August 10, 2019 and August 24, 2019
September 7, 2019 and September 28, 2019
Watch for the trackers as well, I will give an announcement here and on Facebook (Allatoona Tournament Group) normally about 4-5 days before the events.