Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokesí Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (GFF Staff), 391 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ultra Light, Asleep At The Reel, yankurcrank, Regw70, DeckedOutJonBoats
6377 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 3,975
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 741
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,308
Posts18,876
Members6,377
Most Online2,029
Dec 4th, 2019
Print Thread
Porko's Sunday Afternoon Jan 13, 2019 DONE #19509 01/08/19 01:37 PM
Bob Smith Online Content OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
GFF Team Angler
The lake is coming back down again, but we should still have water at the ramp on Sunday. Depending on how fast they pull it we may be down to one ramp again. the long range weather forecast looks like rain and temps in the 40s, it is January so last Sunday's beautiful weather was nice, but this Sunday is more of what we expect this time of year. It's not snow or ice so we'll be out there. Come and join us, you never know it could be your time to win!

The tournament runs from 1PM till 5PM. I will be there around noon to start collecting entry fees. You can usually find me down in the handicap area by the ramp
$20 entry fee ($15 to a 1-5 payback,and $5 to Big Bass), and $10 optional side pot - Winner take all (total weight).
3 fish limit, one dead fish allowed. Big Bass must be alive to count. Team (no number restriction) or individual, you decide what works best for your boat. No live bait. Good sportsmanship and no alcohol during tournament. Pretty simple rules, huh?

All tournaments are held out of Bartow County Gatewood Park: Exit GA-20 exit on I-75 and turn east, Turn south at the light (right from I-75, left from Canton) next to Wendy's onto Spur 20. Go about 2 miles and turn left on Jim Knight Rd., Turn left when it dead ends at the Bartow Beach Rd. (right in front of the COE maintenance yard). Stay on the Beach road and stay to the left past the park Manager's house and follow the signs to the left to the boat ramp
If the lot is full or the pay-box has no envelopes, just let me know and I will give you directions

Last edited by Bob Smith; 01/14/19 12:23 AM.

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Porko's Sunday Afternoon Jan 13, 2019 DONE [Re: Bob Smith] #19511 01/14/19 12:36 AM
Bob Smith Online Content OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
GFF Team Angler
The weather was pretty cool and damp feeling, overcast with low foggy looking clouds and NO WIND! Water temps ranged from 46 to almost 48 degrees, heavy stain to muddy every place we went. The lake level appears to be stopped, for the time being, at 826.95 MSL. Surprisingly, the fishing was pretty darned good for most of us. With 23 boats (including mine) only five boats did not weigh fish and I suspect those probably caught fish but decided not to weigh them for whatever reason. Here are the numbers: 39 anglers, weighing 54 fish for a total of 100.96 (an average of 1.87lbs per fish), of that number 5 fish were largemouth including Big Bass.
Here are the money spots:
5th place went to Jarrod and Mike with 3 fish for 6.02lbs and $33
4th place was Nick and Zack T. with 3 fish for 6.50lbs for $50, they also had Big Bass with a LMB for 3.52lbs for $110
3rd place was Brett H. and Mike J. with 3 fish for 6.54lbs and $66
2nd place went to Ken and myself with 3 fish for 6.98lbs for $82
1st place went to Rick and Danny with 3 fish for 9.77lbs and $99, also got the Side Pot for $230....GREAT JOB!

Let's hope the lake settles down a bit now and the weather stabilizes. We will see you guys next Sunday, be safe and don't work too hard (unlike Danny who said he is days away from retirement now, bet he isn't working too hard!)

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide