St. Croix's Award-Winning Fly Rods Now Available
Mojo Trout’s eleven models cover beginning to advanced fly anglers in any fishing situation
Good trout fishing isn’t too hard to find. Affordable, versatile and smooth-casting fly rods designed for a myriad of trout fishing applications and techniques shouldn’t be either. This line of thinking is the inspiration behind St. Croix’s all-new series of Mojo Trout fly rods.
Now available, the Mojo Trout series consists of 11 new beautiful and dutiful two- and four-piece models ranging from 6’ to 9’ in length and covering the all-important 2-7 trout line weights. The result is a full quiver of premium, high-modulus SCIII graphite fly rods to cover all trout-specific applications - without breaking the bank.
A passionate, lifelong fly fisherman, St. Croix National Accounts Manager Dan Johnston expects the new Mojo Trout rods to be extremely popular with beginning and intermediate anglers, but believes they’ll find homes in the arsenals of fly anglers of all experience levels. “Yeah, they’re that good!” says Johnston. “These are extremely smooth-casting, versatile fly rods that will definitely be appreciated by beginning to mid-level anglers. But their quality components, medium-fast actions, St. Croix Superstar Service warranty and moderate pricing make them an appealing choice for anyone,” he continues, “including seasoned anglers looking to add niche rods to their collections as well as fishing guides.” MOJO TROUT MODELS
MOJO TROUT FEATURES
- MT602.2 (6’, 2-Wt, 2 Pc.)
- MT663.2 (6’6”, 3-Wt, 2 Pc.)
- MT703.4 (7’, 3-Wt, 4 Pc.)
- MT793.4 (7’9”, 3-Wt, 4 Pc.)
- MT804.4 (8’, 4-Wt, 4 Pc.)
- MT864.4 (8’6”, 4-Wt, 4 Pc.)
- MT904.4 (9’, 4-Wt, 4 Pc.)
- MT865.4 (8’6”, 5-Wt, 4 Pc.)
- MT905.4 (9’, 5-Wt, 4 Pc.)
- MT906.4 (9’, 6-Wt, 4 Pc.)
- MT907.4 (9’, 7-Wt, 4 Pc.)
- Premium, high-modulus SCIII graphite.
- Slim-profile ferrules.
- Kigan Master Hand 3D stripper guides with aluminum-oxide rings and black frames.
- Sea Guide® snake guides with black PVD coating for extra hardness and increased smoothness.
- Uplocking, machined-aluminum reel seat.
- Premium-grade cork handle.
- Kigan hook-keeper.
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish.
- Includes cloth rod sack.
- Smooth and versatile moderate-fast action.
- Designed in Park Falls and handcrafted in Fresnillo, Mexico.
- 5-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.
Renowned outfitter, author, instructor and industry influencer Kelly Galloup has lived on fly fishing’s leading edge for over 40 years and takes a keen and critical interest in any new fly-fishing product. “These new Mojo Trout rods are super light in the hand, true to their weights, look great and cast as smooth as silk,” says Galloup, who doesn’t believe in judging any rod by its price tag. “A rod should be judged by its performance, not by how much it costs. These affordable new Mojo Trout rods will perform favorably against any other rods at any price.”
Galloup drills down on what makes a truly great trout rod. “When it comes to a trout rod, I don’t want one that will cast across the parking lot; I want one that is light in the hand, loads efficiently and casts smoothly without being too slow. That’s all I ask. Mojo Trout does all of this and looks great, too.”
New St. Croix Mojo Trout fly rods will be available through established St. Croix retailers in September 2018 at a retail price of $180-$210.
Learn more at: St. Croix Rods