Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokes’ Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 458 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
DelawareDogs, fishNtips, Arifin, hawghoover, Motley Fishing
6403 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 4,050
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 758
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,386
Posts19,059
Members6,403
Most Online2,642
Feb 20th, 2020
Print Thread
Porko's Midnight Madness September 5, 2015 DONE #17827 08/29/15 06:45 PM
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
Next tournament will be a week from today on Sep 5th, 2015. Same as always, 7PM till 2AM, 5 fish limit minimum 12" length, one dead fish allowed, Big Bass must be alive, and good sportsmanship (mandatory!). Entry Fee is $10 for Big Bass, $40 for the creel to be awarded 1 place for every 5 entries up to 30 entries, then it will be 6 plcs regardless. There is always an optional $10 "Winner take all" side pot. This is our next to the last night event for this season so come on out and help us make it a good one!

North, exit 290, go east on GA-20 about 300’ and turn right on SPUR 20 by the Wendy’s fast food restaurant, Go about 2 ˝ miles to Jim Knight Rd on the left. Follow Jim Knight until it dead ends at the Bartow County Beach Rd. (right in front of the COE equipment yard and shop entrance). Turn left and follow the road to the park, bear left in front of the Park Managers residence, then left again at the split in the road. You will see the restrooms and the parking lot. I am almost always parked at the top of the hill adjacent to the non-boater parking area in front of the restrooms. Easy enough to find me because we usually have a crowd of folks gathered around swapping stories and having a good time!

Last edited by Bob Smith; 09/06/15 05:47 PM.

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Porko's Midnight Madness September 5, 2015 DONE [Re: Bob Smith] #17843 09/06/15 05:48 PM
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
The next to the last event of the 2015 Midnight Ma[size:14pt][/size]dness season is done! The weather was nice and there were a few pleasure boaters out there. Altogether? Not too bad for a holiday weekend. I pretty much suspected a lighter turnout due to dove season and the holiday, but we still managed to have 24 paid entries. That's a pretty solid participation. Unfortunately, our last event this season falls on September 19th. That is the same Saturday that the Monday Night bunch out of Victoria Landing is having their championship tournament A good many of our folks fish the Monday nighters and will be in the championship, Darn it all! Oh well, it is what it is and we'll just have to live with it! lol!

As I mentioned already, we had 24 paid entries, a total of 25 boats with a total of 43 anglers last night. There 50 fish brought to the scales even though 15 boats did not weigh any fish (pretty sure that most of them caught fish but decided it wasn't worth weighing them for whatever reason). The total weight of those 50 fish was 73.84lbs for an average of 1.48lbs per fish. All of those fish were spotted bass last night, not one single largemouth in the bunch.

We paid 5 places, Big Bass, and a side pot last night. Here's the way it went down:

5th place went to Stan K. and myself with 5 fish for 7.49lbs for $96

4th place was Eric Peeler with 5 fish for 7.87lbs and $144

3rd place was Josh and Michel with 5 fish for 7.94lbs for $192, they also had Big Bass with a 3.68lb spot that was good for $240

2nd place went to Jeff with 5 fish for 9.15lbs and $240

1st place went to the Thurman family, Danny and Daniel with 5 fish for 9.48lbs for $288, and the side pot of $240. Nice JOB!

We have one tournament remaining as I mentioned above, on September 19th, 2015. I would love to have a great turnout and hope that we do. Regardless, I will be just as happy to see any of you that come out! Reminder, the Toys for Tots event on Oct 24th, 2015 out of Gatewood, Also that we will starting the Sunday Afternoon events out of Gatewood the first Sunday in November.

Last edited by Bob Smith; 09/06/15 06:19 PM.

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide