Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokes’ Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (charlie mack), 305 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Motley Fishing, WeissLife, ABC1, John Wydner, dbwilk
6399 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 4,050
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 758
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,381
Posts19,050
Members6,399
Most Online2,642
Feb 20th, 2020
Print Thread
Porko's Midnight Madness August 22, 2015 DONE #17815 08/18/15 11:44 PM
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
We are on this Saturday Night, Hope to see as many of you guys as possible. I understand that this weekend is also the Chickamauga tournament for fine Marines who died in Chattanooga. I've also heard that this Saturday night is also the Victoria Championship tournament. It's scheduled so I will be out there and happy to see any of you that can make it.
I will be at Gatewood about 6PM to collect entry fees and the tournament will blast off at 7PM (last guy there gets to blast everyone else off, by boat number). Entry fee is $40 for a 1-5 payback, 30 entries or more will pay 6 places regardless. $10 Big Bass, and a $10 optional side pot (winner take all). All total is $60. 5 fish limit, min 12" spots and largemouths, 1 dead fish allowed, Big Bass MUST be alive to compete for that pot.
North, exit 290, go east on GA-20 about 300’ and turn right on SPUR 20 by the Wendy’s fast food restaurant, Go about 2 ˝ miles to Jim Knight Rd on the left. Follow Jim Knight until it dead ends at the Bartow County Beach Rd. (right in front of the COE equipment yard and shop entrance). Turn left and follow the road to the park, bear left in front of the Park Managers residence, then left again at the split in the road. You will see the restrooms and the parking lot. I am almost always parked at the top of the hill adjacent to the non-boater parking area in front of the restrooms. Easy enough to find me because we usually have a crowd of folks gathered around swapping stories and having a good time!

Last edited by Bob Smith; 08/23/15 06:35 PM.

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Porko's Midnight Madness August 22, 2015 DONE [Re: Bob Smith] #17819 08/23/15 06:36 PM
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
The tournament started out warm and pretty calm. Then after dark you could see storms starting to pop up all around the area. About midnight we had one heckuva storm hit the main lake! Fortunately, Goff and I were close enough to the Allatoona Yacht Club that we managed to get in there and find a boat slip just as the main rain event hit! It poured like that proverbial cow peeing on a flat rock! We saw a few fellers out there fishing right on through it! Anyway, it passed on through and cleared off nicely for the remainder of the tournament.
Water temps were pretty much around 87 degrees and pretty clear most places we fished last night. I never really saw any baitfish concentrations and our bite was sporadic, one here and there, shallow and deep. I feel confident that a lot of anglers were dealing with the same lack of pattern as we were.
We had 33 paid entries, a total of 34 boats including mine. 20 boats did not weigh a fish. A total of 64 anglers weighed a total of 68 fish for 107.38lbs (avg 1.58lbs per fish). We had three largemouth weighed with the biggest one taking Big Bass honors at 4.88lbs, the rest were spotted bass with at two of them weighing 3.71lbs and 3.85lbs (very respectable for spots).
We paid 6 places, Big Bass and a side pot last night, for a total payout of $1980! Here's our money spots:
6th place went to David and Kevin with 5 fish for 8.03lbs for $66
5th place was Gary and Mark with 5 fish for 8.24lbs and $132
4th place was Stephen and Jake with 5 fish for 8.29lbs for $224 (congrats to the new Daddy, Jake! Father of Bricelyn Rose!!)
3rd place was Sonny and Clark with 5 fish for 9.25lbs for $264
2nd place was Mickey and Mike with 5 fish for 9.60lbs for $304
1st place was Daniel and Trent with 5 fish for 11.09lbs, Big Bass for 4.88lbs (LMB), They made a clean sweep last night with $330 for 1st, $330 for Big Bass and $330 for the side pot ($990 total)!!
We only have two more Midnight Madness events for this season, September 5th and September 19th (I understand that the 19th is also the Victoria Championship). In November we will get the Sunday Afternoon tournaments up and running for the winter. We also have a Toys for Tots (and teenagers too!) planned for October 24th.
Thanks for the participation this year, we have a solid 32 boat average which is more than adequate!!!

Last edited by Bob Smith; 08/23/15 06:55 PM.

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide