Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokes’ Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 186 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
dbwilk, ADAM12, pbabbini, bacolmm, Jayare1077
6395 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 4,048
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 757
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,376
Posts19,034
Members6,395
Most Online2,642
Feb 20th, 2020
Print Thread
Porko's MIdnight Madness July 18, 2015 TRACKER #17765 07/13/15 11:32 AM
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler

Got a lot of calls this past weekend and a few days leading up to the weekend asking if I was having a tournament. I had to tell everyone no, but that is not the case this weekend! The answer is YES, we will be having a Midnight Madness tournament this Saturday so come on out!!

Here's how you get there:
North, exit 290, go east on GA-20 about 300’ and turn right on SPUR 20 by the Wendy’s fast food restaurant, Go about 2 ˝ miles to Jim Knight Rd on the left. Follow Jim Knight until it dead ends at the Bartow County Beach Rd. (right in front of the COE equipment yard and shop entrance). Turn left and follow the road to the park, bear left in front of the Park Managers residence, then left again at the split in the road. You will see the restrooms and the parking lot. I am almost always parked at the top of the hill adjacent to the non-boater parking area in front of the restrooms. Easy enough to find me because we usually have a crowd of folks gathered around swapping stories and having a good time
!

Bob Smith, a.k.a. "Porko" (vintage Strike King Variety)

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Porko's MIdnight Madness July 18, 2015 [Re: Bob Smith] #17780 07/19/15 05:26 PM
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
We managed to get everybody signed up while it was dry (sweaty, but dry). Got the blast off done without a hitch. Stan and I stayed back in the cove to let everything settle down a bit and watch the weather. I am soooo glad we did that! After we started soaking worms, we got a little shower and could see lightning over the mountain towards Cartersville, next thing you know there was a lightning bolt right behind us over the McKaskey Cr arm. I told Stan to put his rod down and get down in the boat. then the big drops started hitting and the wind started blowing. We quickly motored over to the drop off dock, tied up the boat and ran up to the truck. Then all Heck broke loose! Wind and lightning, thunder and rain coming down in sheets! Stan and I were jamming out to Willie's Roadhouse on Sirius XM Radio, in the AC cab of that fine Ford of mine! Dry! We hoped that everyone found sanctuary somewhere on the lake, because it looked bad out there!

While Stan and I struggled last night to catch keeper fish, that was not the case for a lot folks. In fact it was a really good night for a lot of people! We paid on 34 entries last night with a total of 66 anglers slugging it out. There were 92 fish brought to the scale for a total of 151.34lbs. We only had three largemouth weighed in last night, but one was 5.40lbs and another was 7.38lbs (Big Bass Honors). There were some really nice Spotted bass too with 3.63lb and 4.17lb spot weighed in. Getting to weigh those fish always humbles me. One of these days I hope to figure it out, but until I do those guys that keep bringing those lunkers to the scales have my utmost respect! All I can say is "WAY TO GO"!!

We paid 6 places last night, Big Bass and a side Pot. Here are the money spots, again my hat is off to guys that won last night!

6th place went to Bug and Jonathan with 5 solid spotted bass for 9.01lbs for $68

5th place went to Lonnie and Chad with 5 spots for 9.46lbs and $136

4th place went to James and Davis with 5 fish for 9.88lbs and $231

3rd place went to Rick and Danny with 5 fish, a 5.40lb largemouth and 4 spots for 10.12lbs and $272

2nd place was Adam and Dustin with 5 spots for 11.08lbs and $313

1st went to Bill P. and Chad with 4 spots and one huge largemouth @ 7.38lbs for a clean sweep, total weight was 14.88lbs; Big Bass $340, 1st plc $340, Side pot $340, IMPRESSIVE!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The bottom picture is the elusive Mr. Bill! I have been hoping to capture that fine gentleman on a picture!
Our next event will be Aug 1, 2015, here in Bartow County at Gatewood Boat ramp. It would appear that fishing is still going strong for a lot of folks so come on out and join us!

Last edited by Bob Smith; 07/19/15 07:55 PM.

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Porko's MIdnight Madness July 18, 2015 [Re: Bob Smith] #17781 07/19/15 07:26 PM
C
Coach Paul Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
WOW, WTG Mr. Payne.
The man is in a zone.

Re: Porko's MIdnight Madness July 18, 2015 [Re: Bob Smith] #17785 07/23/15 07:18 PM
S
swin Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Not a better night fishermen on Allatoona

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide