Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokes’ Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 416 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Wydner, dbwilk, ADAM12, pbabbini, bacolmm
6396 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 4,050
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 757
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,379
Posts19,043
Members6,396
Most Online2,642
Feb 20th, 2020
Print Thread
Porko's Midnight Madness, June 6, 2015 DONE!! #17707 06/06/15 06:23 PM
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
I have been out of town this week and failed to get the tracker up and running, sorry 'bout that! I will be at the Gatewood Boat Ramp (by the bathrooms and single car parking lot) around 6PM, Tournament starts at 7 and runs to 2AM. Everything is the same as always, if you don't know the rules ask me at the ramp or someone who has fished them (very, very simple rules). Price is the same as well $40, 5 fish creel minimum 12", $10 Big Bass (mandatory, also Big Bass MUST be alive), and optional $10 "Winner take all" side pot.. total $60 for everything. You can fish as a team or individual, 5 fish limit per entry (never had any multiple entries in the boat, most folks just do the team thing). Looks like a dry night tonight, and I would imagine there will be plenty of pleasure boaters up till about 10PM.
Here's how you get there:
North, exit 290, go east on GA-20 about 300’ and turn right on SPUR 20 by the Wendy’s fast food restaurant, Go about 2 ˝ miles to Jim Knight Rd on the left. Follow Jim Knight until it dead ends at the Bartow County Beach Rd. (right in front of the COE equipment yard and shop entrance). Turn left and follow the road to the park, bear left in front of the Park Managers residence, then left again at the split in the road. You will see the restrooms and the parking lot. I am almost always parked at the top of the hill adjacent to the non-boater parking area in front of the restrooms. Easy enough to find me because we usually have a crowd of folks gathered around swapping stories and having a good time!
up

Last edited by Bob Smith; 06/07/15 07:56 PM.

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Porko's Midnight Madness, June 6, 2015 DONE!! [Re: Bob Smith] #17710 06/07/15 07:56 PM
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
Wow! Gatewood Boat Ramp was crowded yesterday evening. What made matters even worse was the number of truck/trailer parking spots that were taken by folks who didn't heed the directions to park their cars in the area provided above the yellow line. I called the park manager and let him know what he had down there and ended with a great many of our guys having to park in the grassy areas on the road coming down to the parking lot. The lake was pretty much the same way, pleasure boats of all sizes and types!

Anyway, we managed to get everyone in and had a successful blast off. We had 41 entries/boats plus mine, and a total of 75 anglers. At the end of the night, 22 boats did not weigh a fish (many, like me, just released the 2 or 3 dinks they had). The other boats weighed limits for the most part, bringing a total of 109 fish to the scales for 157.23lbs, an average of 1.44lbs per fish. We paid six places, Big Bass and a side pot last night. Here are the results for those who placed in the money:

6th place went to Anthony and Billy with 5 fish for 8.30lbs @ $82

5th place was Brandon Howard with 5 fish for 8.72lbs and $164

4th place went to Tony and Chad with 5 fish for 9.06lbs for $279

3rd place was Mark S. with 5 fish for 9.88lbs and $328

2nd place went to Lonnie T. with 5 fish for 9.90lbs and $377

1st place went to the boys with the "Midas Touch", Allan D. and Bug B. with 5 fish for 10.35lbs and Big Bass of 3.63lbs (Spotted). For their efforts they got $410 for First, $410 for Big Bass and $360 for the side pot! Nice payback!

The next Porko Midnight Madness will be June 20th so plan on coming out! Looking forward to meeting you (if you're new) or seeing your if your a regular!

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide