Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokesí Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 345 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
dbwilk, ADAM12, pbabbini, bacolmm, Jayare1077
6395 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 4,048
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 757
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,376
Posts19,035
Members6,395
Most Online2,642
Feb 20th, 2020
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Effingham/Chatham county areas #17645 05/13/15 02:35 PM
J
Jeremy Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Good Morning,

I have recently just relocated to the Effingham area from Ohio. Looking for some nice places to cast off into. It doesn't really appear to be a lot of good holes here in my area. anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Jeremy] #17646 05/13/15 03:03 PM
Bob Smith Offline
GFF Team Angler
GFF Team Angler
First of all, Welcome to Georgia and welcome to the Georgia Fishing forum. unfortunately we rarely hear from anyone in that part of the state. Not too many lakes and the river has tidal influence. You may want to google the Georgia Department of Natural Resources and see what they have in that area (some state managed wildlife areas have ponds that produce some fantastic fishing). I will caution you to keep one eye open when walking the banks of a body of water in that part of the state due to the alligators and water moccasins. Good luck, maybe you can come back and open up a new dialogue from that part of the state! we'll be looking forward to hearing from you. up

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Bob Smith] #17647 05/13/15 03:27 PM
J
Jeremy Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Thank You!! I Love it here, Great People and Great Hospitality!! Thank you for the head's up (or down) I have already came across a moccasin. i was pop fishing the lilly pads in a local fishing pond near me. ended up catching a snake instead of a fish happy2 I do plan on getting out and checking the area. i have found a couple although they are some tough spots to get to. Hopefully i can begin a thread in this area. I look forward to updating as i do. Take Care!

Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Jeremy] #17648 05/13/15 04:37 PM
Bob Smith Offline
GFF Team Angler
GFF Team Angler
will do and if I can find someone familiar with the area I will point them to this thread!

Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Bob Smith] #17651 05/13/15 10:22 PM
C
Coach Paul Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
The Altamaha and Ogeechee rivers are good places to fish.
Local swampy area are known for holding good fish.
Welcome to Georgia and ya'll stay in touch, ya hear.....

Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Jeremy] #17654 05/16/15 09:21 PM
L
leapnlineman Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
If you go west on Hwy 119 from Guyton you will cross the Ogeechee River. There is a boat ramp on the southeast side of the bridge. The water can be low at times but from what I understand the fishing can be good in that section. I myself have never fished it but I worked in that area for a couple of years and the locals told me about it.

Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Jeremy] #17656 05/18/15 01:13 PM
J
Jeremy Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Thanks Guys! I Greatly appreciate the feedback! def will check out the areas and see what i can bring up. I went on Hwy 119 this past weekend just under the bridge at Ebeneezer Creek. Caught lots and lots of nice sized Channels & Bull heads. haven't been there early in the day yet just late evening into the night. I've only covered maybe 50 yards into the trail that is there. Lots of trees down in that water but it makes great fishing. I also went just at the southeast side of Clyo, there is a logging trail (is what i assume) that leads back along the Savannah River. There are also many small rivers, Creek's, And Lakes back there. Haddon Lake, Gin Raw Lake, Finch Lake, Old River, Strong Creek, Plank Creek. ton's of great looking water. Although when i drove the trail down further to hit the Savannah, There were tons of boats and tubers ripping the River. So it has come to my understanding it's best to fish there early morning to late evening when the boaters have had they're fun for the day. The lakes look great though, And very secluded in the forest. I will try to make it out there sometime this week and update as I fish. Thank You once again

Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Jeremy] #17657 05/18/15 07:23 PM
J
Jeremy Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
[Linked Image]

Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Jeremy] #17658 05/18/15 07:23 PM
J
Jeremy Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
there is a photo of some of the nice Bullheads i was catching just under the bridge @ Ebeneezer

Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Jeremy] #17661 05/20/15 04:26 PM
J
Jeremy Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
If anyone has any details on the haddon lake area would be greatly appreciated. it seems if it is a logging outfit trail not to sure? just trying to bypass trespassing. the entrance is just off of laurel tree rd.

Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Jeremy] #17663 05/21/15 01:07 PM
J
Jeremy Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is where i'll be headed this coming weekend. This is also the place i have been mentioning above. I assume it is a logging outfit trail. Runs down along the savannah pretty far. these lakes and river run offs look like some great spots. I will be sure to update everyone as far as the fishing goes. the (Yellow) line represents the trail you can drive on. 4x4 is much needed as there are some sloppy spots due to the logging truck and trailers not really that bad though. the only thing i am worried about are Wildlife dangers these lakes look very acceptable for Gators and such.

Last edited by Jeremy; 05/21/15 01:10 PM.
Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Jeremy] #17665 05/21/15 07:36 PM
Bob Smith Offline
GFF Team Angler
GFF Team Angler
Thanks, Jeremy! Sounds like a real adventure! looking forward to the read and some more pictures!
up

Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Jeremy] #17670 05/25/15 12:14 AM
J
Jeremy Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Just got home after hitting Ebeneezer pretty hard. There are some big pickerel in there i caught 7, they were all 16" plus. The black Crappie in there are monsters also and very thick. Also caught a nice size bowfin. Def some fun times there is a pretty big variety of fish in that water. Def a fun spot for me

Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Jeremy] #17673 05/25/15 02:43 AM
Bob Smith Offline
GFF Team Angler
GFF Team Angler
That Bowfin is a mean critter, you didn't try to lip him did ya?

Re: Effingham/Chatham county areas [Re: Jeremy] #17674 05/26/15 11:51 AM
J
Jeremy Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
im just going to be flat honest LOL i did at first. Being from ohio and not knowing what it was i reached to lip him, he almost got me! what a great fight he was though. The pickerel are a great size also. all in all it was a great weekend.Cajun Pickerel was great! party2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide