Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokesí Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 303 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ADAM12, pbabbini, bacolmm, Jayare1077, Pacwa
6394 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 4,046
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 757
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,374
Posts19,032
Members6,394
Most Online2,642
Feb 20th, 2020
Print Thread
Guntersville Lake #17640 05/11/15 09:16 PM
A
anglingadventures Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
Let's talk some fishing for a while, some extreme fun fishing! I had a client today that wanted to do some topwater fishing early then move out to deeper areas up in the day for a ledge bite. The topwater was what we expected, aggressive and just "dang fun". We got some nice fish and also lost some nice fish using pop-r's around shallow grass lines. When the topwater bite slowed down we went to find some of the deeper grass lines and ledges and try using some 3/4 oz. swimbaits. This bite was producing well also with some nice quality fish like the one in the pic that my client caught and was a little camera shy so I held it for a pic n quick release. Now [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
while we are talking about "quality", the "Big Flathead Catfish" surpassed the quality range by a very large amount. This fish "slammed" my swimbait and decided to just politely go the other direction, for a while, a long while, and there was nothing I could do about it except just hold on and enjoy the show for a while. So 15 min. later he finally tired out a little to where I could finally get him close to the boat to see him and then we went for round 2 of the fight, so another 10 min. later I finally got it up so we could grab it, and "DANG" this was one heavy fish, estimated 60-70 lbs. This was one fun fight and the right equipment, a 7'6" extra heavy action Hammer Rod and 20 lb. Vicious line held on and performed nicely. A couple of pics. along with shaking tired arms we released it back to do it again with another lucky fisherman, now that was just plain ole "FUN"! Get out and have fun, Mike Carter

Re: Guntersville Lake [Re: anglingadventures] #17641 05/12/15 12:06 PM
Bob Smith Offline
GFF Team Angler
GFF Team Angler
Dang and I thought I was the only one who caught catfish while bassfishing! WTG, Mike!!

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide