Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokesí Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Bob Allen), 340 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Motley Fishing, WeissLife, ABC1, John Wydner, dbwilk
6399 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 4,050
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 757
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,379
Posts19,046
Members6,399
Most Online2,642
Feb 20th, 2020
Print Thread
Weiss Lake #16847 09/21/14 10:05 PM
A
anglingadventures Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
The summer pattern was still in full swing on Lake Weiss today. I got out with a gentleman to try and find a few fish that may have moved up shallow getting ready for the fall temps, but as I thought the water was still in the upper 70's when we started and the fish just have not made it up shallow yet. We went out to some of the deeper ledges that had a lot of structure and was able to pattern some nice fish using 1/2 oz. Choo Choo Lures jigs in Kudzu and Green Pumpkin colors. We moved back into some of the shallower pockets and in each area we moved to the area was full of Shad, so this is a good sign that the fish should be moving into these areas very soon. When this happens the shallow bite on this lake will be wide open and can be caught on many different types of lures, especially Rat-L-Traps. The Traps can help you cover more water in a shorter amount of time and will produce some good sacks of fish as well. Some of the Traps more productive colors during the Fall months are Sexy West, Chrome Blue Back, and Gold Chrome. Have fun, Mike Carter [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Weiss Lake [Re: anglingadventures] #16855 09/24/14 01:55 AM
B
Brother Bill Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Thanks for sharing, always like your reports.

"Brother" Bill from Tennessee

[Linked Image from i12.photobucket.com]
Re: Weiss Lake [Re: anglingadventures] #16856 09/24/14 12:36 PM
K
kenh Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Brother Bill , are you fishing with us this month at Lake Weiss? Ken

Re: Weiss Lake [Re: kenh] #16857 09/24/14 01:56 PM
Bob Smith Offline
GFF Team Angler
GFF Team Angler
Yes indeedy!

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Weiss Lake [Re: anglingadventures] #16858 09/24/14 02:35 PM
K
kenh Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Bob, glad to see Bill is going to fish . By the way , Weiss Anglers Classic ( Weiss Championship) has been changed to the same weekend we are fishing . They are going out of Litle River , old JR's place . It was originally scheduled for Oct 4 and 5 but the BAIT tournament was the same week at Neely Henry so they moved it . Weiss Classic is now Oct 11 and 12 . Should be no more than 39 boats , usually have double that . Top 20 fish for free , I guess 21-39 qualify but must pay? I plan on fishing Weiss this Sat.Ken

Re: Weiss Lake [Re: kenh] #16859 09/24/14 03:13 PM
Bob Smith Offline
GFF Team Angler
GFF Team Angler
LOL! it wouldn't be any fun if we didn't have that kind of stuff happen to us! Oh well, it's a big enough lake to handle it. Bill and I will be staying at that hotel with the Crappie statue Friday night. I am looking forward to fishing this event! I got my sights on ya, Ken! 8 points, and Robbie in between us, for sixth place! I know I got my work cut out, but I'm going to give it my best shot! Be skeered! be very skeered! lol happy55

Re: Weiss Lake [Re: anglingadventures] #16860 09/24/14 06:22 PM
A
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
Dang Funny!!!!

Re: Weiss Lake [Re: anglingadventures] #16861 09/24/14 07:11 PM
K
kenh Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
I am just a shaking . Good lake to finish the season , my home lake. Been fishing it since the 70's , long before there were channel markers. Still dangerous with the markers . I will be there this Sat, the following weekend and the Friday before the tournament .

I think we should have a early blast off for those brave enough . Like we did at Lanier. Not many boats at Weiss Mart these days . Is that the correct ramp ? Our web site seems to be having problems .

Re: Weiss Lake [Re: kenh] #16862 09/25/14 12:31 AM
Bob Smith Offline
GFF Team Angler
GFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by kenh
I am just a shaking . Good lake to finish the season , my home lake. Been fishing it since the 70's , long before there were channel markers. Still dangerous with the markers . I will be there this Sat, the following weekend and the Friday before the tournament .

I think we should have a early blast off for those brave enough . Like we did at Lanier. Not many boats at Weiss Mart these days . Is that the correct ramp ? Our web site seems to be having problems .

Several guys at the weigh in on Lanier expressed a desire to launch out of the state ramp on the causeway instead of Weiss Mart. Frankly, that's not a bad idea. We have always had an easy time of it there and it's free. Not much different than Weiss Mart in terms of location (puts you closer to the part of the lake you always fish too).
Lanier was a disaster. When I got there people were scattered every where. So I made the decision to let our guys go once they go their chip and there was safe light. Since most of you were already out there and I stayed back to launch the coach. I was the very last person to leave the ramp (even though I drew boat #7, it didn't matter). I told numerous folks who came up to get their chip and asked them to spread the word. I had no way of knowing the CoE would schedule two clubs out of the same ramp, we had a permit and I am not so sure the other club had one. Oh well, I have taken a beating before I can certainly handle another one. sure is fun being Tourney Director! lol

Re: Weiss Lake [Re: Bob Smith] #16863 09/25/14 01:50 AM
C
Coach Paul Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Some also expressed Weiss Mart as launch area.
The schedule also states Weiss Mart.
Dang.....

Re: Weiss Lake [Re: anglingadventures] #16864 09/25/14 11:02 AM
K
kenh Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
bob, either way on the ramp , does not matter. Only kidding about the blast off but I would like to get out of there before Weiss Anglers start blasting off. I will be heading that way to start . We have had a bit of bad luck on the ramps this year . No doubt Little Hall next year at Lanier . ken

Re: Weiss Lake [Re: kenh] #16865 09/25/14 12:29 PM
Bob Smith Offline
GFF Team Angler
GFF Team Angler
Either way is fine with me too. Come to the meeting and we can vote on the location and the times. Hopefully I can get on some fish between now and then. I haven't fished the lake since last year.

Re: Weiss Lake [Re: anglingadventures] #16866 09/25/14 12:31 PM
Bob Smith Offline
GFF Team Angler
GFF Team Angler
Sorry, Mike! I think we have effectively hijacked your topic! LOL. I agree with Bill, I thoroughly enjoy your reports and really appreciate them.

Re: Weiss Lake [Re: anglingadventures] #16867 09/26/14 01:15 PM
A
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
No problem, I've enjoyed reading you guys fun bickering!!! Good luck to your club with your tournament. Look out for the typical Fall foggy mornings.

Re: Weiss Lake [Re: anglingadventures] #16868 09/26/14 02:49 PM
P
ProMo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted by anglingadventures
No problem, I've enjoyed reading you guys fun bickering!!! Good luck to your club with your tournament. Look out for the typical Fall foggy mornings.

Yup, we be like a bunch of OL' Roosters peckin' at each other at times but any of us would do anything for the other. cheers

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide