Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokesí Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 338 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Wydner, dbwilk, ADAM12, pbabbini, bacolmm
6396 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 4,050
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 757
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,379
Posts19,043
Members6,396
Most Online2,642
Feb 20th, 2020
Print Thread
Lake Lanier reports? #16789 09/08/14 11:36 AM
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
I have heard one report second hand, all that report said was they were beat to heck by big boats! Dang it all! Did anybody else get out there on Lanier this weekend and catch any fish? hammer

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Lake Lanier reports? [Re: Bob Smith] #16790 09/08/14 12:37 PM
P
ProMo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Yep, here's my Lanier report....Lanier is over by Cumming Georgia banana2

No serioulsy though, i went this past Saturday out of Ducketts(Not Dicketts banana2) Mill with my new fishing buddy George Jenkins. We started out of Ducketts at day light, saw Ken H. there. Ran out of Ducketts between the Islands and really did more running and checking sonar then anything, fished from shoal markers to about half way into the creeks and cuts. Saw a lot of fish on points and shoal markers. Saw a lot of fish also arond boat docks half way into the creeks, later checked some main lake docks and didn't see many fish or bait, most of the bait and fish as well as schooling fish seemed to be at shoal markers, points, and docks half way in. Not much wind Saturday...very hot with 84-85 degree water temps. Managed to catch a few just jumping around but enjoyed new Buddy's company and we took it to the trailer at 1:00, just hot. On the 13th it should be cooler and better fishing. Schooling was speratic and never hooked up on top water but did catch schoolers around islands and shoal marker 3 weeks ago on top water buzzbait and a new bait by rapala called a skitter walk. George had the best fish of the day Saturday a nice spot about 3 lbs on a shaky head trick worm Mo..........out banana

Last edited by ProMo; 09/08/14 12:42 PM.
Re: Lake Lanier reports? [Re: ProMo] #16791 09/08/14 01:02 PM
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
A couple of weeks ago when Stan and I went up there, we saw some schooling activity by a shoal marker, as you headed toward the Chattahoochee. This was actually on the main lake. When Ed and I were there the next weekend I never saw any schooling fish in Duckett's Mill or Chestatee area. The rest of the report is consistent with what I found as well. I am looking forward to a little cooler temps this weekend.

Re: Lake Lanier reports? [Re: Bob Smith] #16803 09/09/14 08:34 PM
K
kenh Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Sat was hot but boat traffic was way down from my last trip 3 weeks ago . There was a tournament at Duckett Mill Sat morning with 11 boats in it. Gentleman told me they normally have 20-25 . Top water bite was not as good this time out. Had 2 on top in the first 15 minutes , only 1 would keep. From 10-12:30 caught about 9 or 10 on plastic and cranking . Only 3 would keep , the others were 12-13 inch fish. Through out the day you would see a fish come up here and there but no concentration of fish . Ken

Re: Lake Lanier reports? [Re: kenh] #16804 09/09/14 11:02 PM
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
I'm hoping the weather this weekend will turn things on a bit. Thanks for the report, Ken. Did you guys stay in the general area of Ducketts Mill or did you run a bit?

Re: Lake Lanier reports? [Re: Bob Smith] #16805 09/10/14 12:50 AM
K
kenh Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
My partner could not make it this past Sat but is fishing this weekend . He fished Tuesday but had boat problems . His tilt/trim motor would not shut off , probably one of his switch's . He did manage to catch several bass but did not stay long. I started around the camp grounds and caught 2. Went up the chestatee and caught nothing. Went back to the hooche side and started to catch more. Could not find any with size like we did a few weeks ago. I had 7 on that trip , all keepers. Even with the tournament of 11 boats there was plenty of parking . I noticed several bags of 5 fish , believe big fish was just over 4lbs.

Re: Lake Lanier reports? [Re: kenh] #16809 09/10/14 11:48 AM
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
as of today, here is the NOAA forecast for the Gainesville area
Saturday
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 81.

and the TWC forecast:
Same as NOAA (that's weird, they're always different!)

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide