Main Menu
Forum
Guidelines/Rules
Contact/Advertising
Texas Fishing Forum
Louisiana Fishing Forum
Florida Fishing Forum
Advertisement
Affiliates
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokesí Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Bob Allen), 340 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Motley Fishing, WeissLife, ABC1, John Wydner, dbwilk
6399 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 4,050
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 757
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,379
Posts19,046
Members6,399
Most Online2,642
Feb 20th, 2020
Print Thread
Cast-A-Way Bass Club Sep 13, 2014 Lake Lanier DONE #16788 09/08/14 11:07 AM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,050
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,050
Our September tournament is this coming Saturday, Sep 13, on Lake Lanier. Guest are invited to fish with us, as always. We meet this coming Wednesday at the Center Street Tavern and Grill in Old Town Acworth, directions can be found on our website (link in my signature).
Note to members, this will be tournament number nine, the points will be adjusted to your eight best tournaments after this one, so start watching as the race for the top six will get interesting!
We will be launching and weighing in at the Duckett's Mill boat ramp this Saturday. Tournament hours will be 6:30AM till 3:30PM, unless we vote otherwise at the Wednesday meeting. Also, for anyone wishing to fish as a guest, a reminder that your entry fee must be paid by close of business on the Wednesday meeting.
Right now it would appear that we will have a slight cool front moving through on Friday, the forecast appears to be 82 degrees for a high, with clear blue skies and a light north wind. I don't think the water temps will show any changes, but I hope the boat traffic is lower than it was on Labor Day weekend (the last time I went out there)!

Last edited by Bob Smith; 09/14/14 01:41 PM.

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Cast-A-Way Bass Club Sep 13, 2014 Lake Lanier Tracker [Re: Bob Smith] #16798 09/09/14 10:59 AM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,239
P
ProMo Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,239
That's a nice looking forcast, better then the one i saw for Sept 13th for that area, i'll take this one you posted any day. The forcast i saw looked nasty for Saturday, 80% T-Storms

Re: Cast-A-Way Bass Club Sep 13, 2014 Lake Lanier Tracker [Re: ProMo] #16799 09/09/14 03:10 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,050
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,050
Originally Posted by ProMo
That's a nice looking forcast, better then the one i saw for Sept 13th for that area, i'll take this one you posted any day. The forcast i saw looked nasty for Saturday, 80% T-Storms

Well, once again that may have been a bit premature, now the forecast shows for a 40% chance of chance of showers and thunderstorms and high of 79 degrees (NOAA). TWC says 60% and 83 degrees, who knows? I guess we will just have to take it one day at a time (rain = fewer pleasure boaters!)

Last edited by Bob Smith; 09/09/14 03:13 PM.

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Cast-A-Way Bass Club Sep 13, 2014 Lake Lanier Tracker [Re: Bob Smith] #16800 09/09/14 03:24 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,239
P
ProMo Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,239
Originally Posted by Bob Smith
Originally Posted by ProMo
That's a nice looking forcast, better then the one i saw for Sept 13th for that area, i'll take this one you posted any day. The forcast i saw looked nasty for Saturday, 80% T-Storms

Well, once again that may have been a bit premature, now the forecast shows for a 40% chance of chance of showers and thunderstorms and high of 79 degrees (NOAA). TWC says 60% and 83 degrees, who knows? I guess we will just have to take it one day at a time (rain = fewer pleasure boaters!)


Yes indeed, rain = fewer pleasure boaters and fish generally bite better too. I just didn't like seeing 80% t-storms and it was pretty much forcasting that for all day Saturday. what

Re: Cast-A-Way Bass Club Sep 13, 2014 Lake Lanier Tracker [Re: ProMo] #16801 09/09/14 05:08 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,050
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,050
I guess I will be there, rain or shine, start to finish. Now where I will hide if it's lightning is another question? Be rest assured I won't be waving a graphite rod around inviting unwanted attention!


Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Cast-A-Way Bass Club Sep 13, 2014 Lake Lanier Tracker [Re: Bob Smith] #16802 09/09/14 06:05 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,239
P
ProMo Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,239
I wrecktum so cheers banana2 crazy

Last edited by ProMo; 09/09/14 06:08 PM.
Re: Cast-A-Way Bass Club Sep 13, 2014 Lake Lanier Tracker [Re: Bob Smith] #16820 09/12/14 01:40 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 106
1
1Kicker Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
1
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 106
I am with you Bob about waiving a graphite rod in lightning storms. Years ago never let it stop me but after several close encounters decided to get a little smarter.

Re: Cast-A-Way Bass Club Sep 13, 2014 Lake Lanier Tracker [Re: Bob Smith] #16822 09/12/14 02:33 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,239
P
ProMo Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,239
I learned many years ago on Wedowee just about 5 years after that lake was impounded. I was fishing with the club President of Rockdale county BASS back in a cove when a storm came over and we both said we needed to get out of there soon because it looked really bad. Junior and i both made a few more casts because fishing was good, i made a cast towards a blow down on a point we had already caught fish on and (True) my line kind of just hovered above the water for a second or two, he saw this also and we decided right then to get out of there. As we were leaving(True) light struck a tree on the bank right next to that blowdown. Leason learned. flame

Last edited by ProMo; 09/12/14 02:40 PM.
Re: Cast-A-Way Bass Club Sep 13, 2014 Lake Lanier Tracker [Re: Bob Smith] #16823 09/12/14 10:43 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 106
1
1Kicker Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
1
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 106
Gary and I had same as you described on West point at pump station. Line was humming rod tingling and line like floating in air and bam sky lit up. Same happened to me and Frank at Sinclair except I got the shock of my life as I put rod down to crank big motor and touched several rods laying with tips upright and man did I get a jolt, also sky just spider burst with streaks of lightning. Twice on Allatoona where lighting hit tree on point we were fishing and knocked out electronics on boat. Ran thru hail and lightning storm on Lanier man does pea size hail sting at 50 MPH. As I said too many close calls now I get off the water.

Re: Cast-A-Way Bass Club Sep 13, 2014 Lake Lanier DONE [Re: Bob Smith] #16826 09/14/14 01:57 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,050
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,050
Well the COE had us sharing a ramp with another club and Duckett's Mill was a chaotic place yesterday morning! It all worked itself out and we finally got to fish. The weather started out with low clouds (mostly tree top fog), then cleared to a hot and steamy day with little or no wind. Water temps were 83 to 85 most places that I fished. We had 20 anglers slugging it out yesterday. They brought 29 fish to the scales for a total of 53.59lbs (avg = 1.84lbs).
We paid 4 places and Big Bass, from the bottom up:
Goff McMahon had 2 fish for 4.34lbs, $40 for 4th place
Robbie Holmes had 4 fish for 7.37lbs, $80 for 3rd. Robbie also had Big Bass with a 3.33lb spot for $100
Jamie Parker had 3 fish for 7.47lbs, $120 for 2nd place. Jamie held on to the bitter end with a 3.32lb spot, but when the scales quit moving Robbie fish ended up with the BB honors (so close!)
Justin Marlow had the only limit with 5 fish for 7.89lbs, $160 for first. This is two in a row for Justin! Let's see if his momentum will carry through to Lake Weiss. AT about 10:30 yesterday morning Justin on had one fish, but his persistence paid off and he managed to put together a pattern to boat keepers! That was no small feat on Lanier yesterday! Congrats to Justin!

next month is our final event for this season. We will fishing out of the state ramp on the causeway on lake Weiss. This tournament will determine the final outcome for the top six places and AOY. I hope nobody is too complacent because I ran the numbers last night and with just a little luck the entire top six as it stands after this event can change (including 1st place!). So my advice is to come on out and put your game face on, and give it your best shot! It should be interesting!


Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Cast-A-Way Bass Club Sep 13, 2014 Lake Lanier DONE [Re: Bob Smith] #16829 09/16/14 10:35 AM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,239
P
ProMo Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,239
Sorry i wasn't hanging around the weigh-in with all my club buddies, boat repairs again. I need a new boat. one_eye

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 


© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3