Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokesí Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (charlie mack), 305 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Motley Fishing, WeissLife, ABC1, John Wydner, dbwilk
6399 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 4,050
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 758
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,381
Posts19,050
Members6,399
Most Online2,642
Feb 20th, 2020
Print Thread
5th of July on Allatoona #16487 07/07/14 12:53 PM
Bob Smith Offline OP
GFF Team Angler
OP Offline
GFF Team Angler
I have lived here a little over 7 years now and I just have to say that Saturday night had the biggest crowd of boats I have ever seen at one time, on a lake (any lake). The DNR was out there, but they were truly overwhelmed by the numbers. I heard of one incident where there were 4 people injured and saw them being taken by ambulance from the Bartow Carver boat ramp. I am just thankful and surprised there weren't many more accidents out there. I wore my PFD anytime I had the big motor on and made my two grandkids wear theirs as well. We had one near miss before dark where a big runabout full of people just decided to cut across in front me and never looked over his left shoulder to see if anyone was there. I was livid!

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: 5th of July on Allatoona [Re: Bob Smith] #16489 07/08/14 01:19 AM
B
Brother Bill Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
B
Was there sparks coming off your head!!! I learned along time ago to stay away from the lake on holidays. George Smith and I had a bad night on Old Hickory once, the only thing I wanted to do was go fell the guy full on lead!!! He almost sank us!!

"Brother" Bill from Tennessee

[Linked Image from i12.photobucket.com]
Re: 5th of July on Allatoona [Re: Bob Smith] #16490 07/08/14 10:59 AM
P
ProMo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
That accident happened at the mouth of Illinois creek, boat drove overtop of another boat , WSB-TV said five people were injured including a 2 month baby, all were later realeased from the Hospital. These people were on the front deck of their boat when they were hit, if they had not been on the deck it would have been much worse the DNR told WSB-TV because the boat that hit them sheared off the windshields. The boater who hit them was charged with BUI among other charges. The DNR was near the site when this happened so they were able to get there fast. The thing that baffles me is my boat is 4 person Max, i have seen boats on Allatoona with 8-10 people on them and these are not pontoon boats they are just smaller runabout type boats. Most of the time no life jackets. Stay away from it is all i can do.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide