Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokesí Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 379 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
hopalong, Paul Tankesley, Fish4Cats, Fishing Monkey, DelawareDogs
6407 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 4,050
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 758
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,389
Posts19,065
Members6,407
Most Online2,642
Feb 20th, 2020
Print Thread
Guntersville Lake #16165 04/26/14 06:57 PM
A
anglingadventures Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
The past few days have been a lot of fun on both Weiss and Guntersville Lakes. Thursday I had a trip with a gentleman that wanted to catch a few Crappie for a fish fry, and catch them is exactly what we did on Lake Weiss. We were shooting docks mostly all day and ended up catching over 70 Crappie and had 49 keepers when the day was done. This kind of pattern to me is a lot more fun than just trolling around with rods hanging out all around the boat, and you really get to enjoy more of a fight getting these fish from under and around docks. I also had a trip with a gentleman and his son for Friday and Saturday on the Big-G. We started out Friday fishing shallow primrose grass at the upper end of the lake with extreme high winds and the fish were very aggressive with the wind stirring up the water the way it was. These guys were able to catch fish swimming jigs and also using Shakers from Choo Choo Lures with Producer swimbait trailers. The only problem was with each fish they caught we ended up blowing a good 50 yards before we were able to get back to fishing again, so when we finally went to the end of the area we were fishing we would crank up and idle back up and start over again, and again, and again. We decided Saturday since the wind was not going to be as bad to do some fishing around the mid-lake area, and try to focus on some ledges and deep grass. This also turned out to be producing some good fish. We were able to catch fish on spinnerbaits, scroungers, 3/4 oz. Rat-L-Traps, and 3/4 oz. Shakers. Most of the better fish came from deep eel grass in 7-9 ft. of water, and we were also able to get a lot of small to keeper fish on some river ledges. We never even looked at anything shallow today because of the success we were having staying out on the deeper areas. A lot of fish are still spawning, but it seems that a majority have already moved back out to the deeper areas. Have fun, Mike

Re: Guntersville Lake [Re: anglingadventures] #16166 04/26/14 06:59 PM
A
anglingadventures Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
[Linked Image]

Re: Guntersville Lake [Re: anglingadventures] #16168 04/26/14 11:31 PM
Bob Smith Offline
GFF Team Angler
GFF Team Angler
Beautiful Guntersville bass there and your report was a great read!! Thanks for sharing!

Porko LIKE the GFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/georgiafishingforum
Re: Guntersville Lake [Re: anglingadventures] #16178 04/28/14 12:10 AM
bojangles Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Nice Bass
I enjoy you reports.

I want my freedom back!!!!!
Never know what you have missed unless it is threatened to be taken away from you!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide