Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokes’ Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (tzsak), 342 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
fishmasters247, pompfisher, TowBoat US, RonRocksTheBoat, AStarling
6359 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 3,900
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 703
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,164
Posts18,673
Members6,359
Most Online519
Jun 21st, 2017
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Offshore Fishing
01/17/19 01:15 PM

Fort Lauderdale Fishing with Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat and Capt. Zsak

Brett, Kate, Blake, Brad, Pat and Nelson from Canada chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team to do some deep-sea charter boat sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The guys were looking for good fishing action, and that is what we set out to accomplish.

Fifteen to twenty minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, 1.8 miles from shore. I headed offshore south of Fort Lauderdale where there had been some decent fishing action the day before. We started the charter trolling the reef using our best spread of 4 surface lines which included three Ballyhoos and one surface chugger bait, along with a deep planner line, using a 3 ½ blue reflector drone spoon and a sea witch with a Bonita strip.

As we were trolling south of Fort Lauderdale, I moved out to deeper waters and then back to shallower waters, looking for a current edge, a color change and, of course, bait fish, either flying fish or schools of Ballyhoos. Once we marked the bait on the sounder, I started getting bites around the 200 ft. of water depth. All the guys took turns catching Bonitas and Kingfish.

We stopped on a wreck and wanted to fish for a Shark. We put a Kingfish head on a 12/0 circle hook with a 2 pound lead, and we sent the bait down to the bottom. After an hour trying to catch a Shark, we didn't get a bite.

It was now time to head back to the dock. The anglers retired into the a/c salon and enjoyed the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep-sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper, contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.net Website: www.topshotfishing.com.
0 6 Read More
Tournament Dates & Information
01/16/19 07:43 PM
Wednesday afternoon, 2:40PM. the lake MSL is 823.62 and slowly dropping. I went to Gatewood on the way back from Roswell and watched a man and his grandson launching, it wasn't pretty. The water was at the yellow line and over the next couple of days the odds are that it will be closed. With no significant rain in the forecast, looks like Gatewood is out for this weekend. I talked to the COE and got the Blockhouse ramp, for this weekend (have a club tourney on Saturday then my Sunday Afternoon on Sunday). Bundle up warm and spread the word. I will also call a few folks to get the word out.
1 46 Read More
01/14/19 12:36 AM
The weather was pretty cool and damp feeling, overcast with low foggy looking clouds and NO WIND! Water temps ranged from 46 to almost 48 degrees, heavy stain to muddy every place we went. The lake level appears to be stopped, for the time being, at 826.95 MSL. Surprisingly, the fishing was pretty darned good for most of us. With 23 boats (including mine) only five boats did not weigh fish and I suspect those probably caught fish but decided not to weigh them for whatever reason. Here are the numbers: 39 anglers, weighing 54 fish for a total of 100.96 (an average of 1.87lbs per fish), of that number 5 fish were largemouth including Big Bass.
Here are the money spots:
5th place went to Jarrod and Mike with 3 fish for 6.02lbs and $33
4th place was Nick and Zack T. with 3 fish for 6.50lbs for $50, they also had Big Bass with a LMB for 3.52lbs for $110
3rd place was Brett H. and Mike J. with 3 fish for 6.54lbs and $66
2nd place went to Ken and myself with 3 fish for 6.98lbs for $82
1st place went to Rick and Danny with 3 fish for 9.77lbs and $99, also got the Side Pot for $230....GREAT JOB!

Let's hope the lake settles down a bit now and the weather stabilizes. We will see you guys next Sunday, be safe and don't work too hard (unlike Danny who said he is days away from retirement now, bet he isn't working too hard!)
1 97 Read More
01/08/19 07:08 PM
Now that what was a pretty afternoon!! light breeze occasionally, air temps in the 60s, Water temps around 51degrees, water on the Etowah side was pretty muddy, but decent in the creeks. The Allatoona side was cleaner. The lake was at 833.68 and dropping (a full 10' above where it should normally be this time of year!). We had a very nice turn out today and I pretty much expected that, I am also very happy to see you guys bringing the young'uns with you, I always enjoy them!
Well here are the numbers: We had 42 paid entries (43 boats including mine), a total of 79 anglers. There were 63 fish brought to the scales for a total weight of 107.84lbs (average of 1.71lbs per fish). Of that number we had 7 largemouth bass including Big Bass (3.99lbs)
Here's how the money paid out:
6th place went to Ricky W. with 3 fish for 5.83lbs and $32
5th place for $65 went to Nick and Zack T. with 3 fish for 6.63lbs
4th place for $110 was Jiles and Rance with 3 fish for 6.95lbs (thanks for doing the blast off!! Good job)
3rd place for $126 was David W. and Kevin with 3 fish for 7.08lbs
2nd place went to Mike and Jake Fitzpatrick with 3 fish for 7.09lbs for $148
1st place for $161 and the side pot of $430 was Wayne I with 3 fish for 9.61lbs, He also had Big Bass with a 3.99lb Largemouth for $215 (Awesome payday for a 4 hour Sunday afternoon!!)
That was a great tournament. I apologize for the scale issues, hopefully we will be getting a new one very soon. In the meanwhile I will try to nurse this one back to health!
We'll see you guys next Sunday, until then don't work too hard and be safe!
1 196 Read More
News & Announcements
01/07/19 06:56 PM
[Linked Image]

Ranger Boats Announces 2019 Retail Sales Programs

Retail incentives available for a limited time to buyers of qualified models

Ranger Boats is providing additional incentives for potential boat buyers this year with the announcement of its 2019 retail sales promotions. With limited-time-only offers geared for both fiberglass and aluminum customers, qualifying purchases will receive benefits up to $2,950 in combined retail value for eligible models.

For freshwater fiberglass boat buyers, the 2019 Driven to Dominate Sales Event, powered by Mercury, runs from January 3 to March 31, 2019 and is designed to benefit the buyers of Ranger's most popular models. Any new, qualifying Z500 Comanche Series or Fisherman Series model equipped with a Mercury outboard sold during this time will receive a $1,000 Bass Pro Shops / Cabela's gift card, deluxe Ranger boat cover (retail value: $1,050) as well as two (2) custom Mustang inflatable PFDs (retail value: $600) and a $300 credit towards premium Ranger clothing and accessories available through Rangerwear.com.

Meanwhile, buyers of any new, qualifying Z500/Z100 Series, Angler or Fish-N-Play model equipped with a Mercury outboard sold during the Driven to Dominate promotion will receive a $500 Bass Pro Shops / Cabela's gift card, deluxe Ranger boat cover (retail value: $1,050) as well as one (1) custom Mustang inflatable PFD (retail value: $300) and a $200 credit towards premium Ranger clothing and accessories available through Rangerwear.com.

Complete details on the Driven to Dominate promotion, including available incentives for non-Mercury powered packages and Ranger Cup Equipped models are available online at Rangerboats.com

For saltwater enthusiasts, the 2019 Saltwater Series promotion runs from January 3 to March 31, 2019. Any new, qualifying Bay Ranger sold during this time will receive a $2,000 consumer cash discount plus a $100 credit towards premium Ranger clothing and accessories available through Rangerwear.com.

Finally, Ranger aluminum customers will also have exclusive purchase incentives available with the 2019 RT, RB & Deep V Series Bonus Offer. The offer, available from January 3 to March 31, 2019, includes a deluxe boat cover (retail value: $570), an aluminum wheel upgrade (retail value: $222) and a $100 credit towards premium Ranger clothing with the purchase of any qualifying RT, RB or Deep V Series model.

All programs are limited to the purchase of new, qualifying Ranger boats powered by Mercury, Evinrude or Yamaha engines that are sold by participating dealers during the promotion's timeframe and cannot be combined with other offers.

For more information on Ranger's 2019 retail promotions, including a complete list of specific model offerings, customers are encouraged to visit the "special offers" section on www.rangerboats.com

About Ranger Boats
Headquartered in Flippin, Ark., Ranger Boats is the nation's premier manufacturer of legendary fiberglass and aluminum fishing boats, with acclaimed models and series in the bass, multi-species, fish 'n play, saltwater, waterfowl utility and pontoon boat segments. Founded in 1968 by Forrest L. Wood, Ranger Boats continues its commitment to building the highest-quality, strongest-performing boats on the water. For more information, go to RangerBoats.com.
0 61 Read More
News & Announcements
01/07/19 05:49 PM
[Linked Image]
Gustafson shares his secret weapon—a ChatterBait JackHammer— during a 2018 FLW Tour event.” (Photo by Charles Waldorf)

[Linked Image]

Ultimate Tackle Testimonial
Z-Man Retains New Bassmaster Elite Series Star Jeff “Gussy” Gustafson

You might call it the ultimate tackle testimonial.

Long before Jeff “Gussy” Gustafson flashed the Z-Man logo—or cashed a sponsor check from the cutting-edge South Carolina tackle company— the versatile tournament angler was already boating big sacks of bass with7 ChatterBaits and other Z-Man creations, under the radar.

Actually, at the March 2018 FLW Tour event at Florida’s Harris Chain of Lakes, Gussy made no secret of the fact he and fellow Ontario angler Chris Johnston wielded identical Z-Man ChatterBait JackHammers to finish 2nd and 1st, respectively. (In truth, Johnston’ tourney-winning ChatterBait came from Gustafson’s personal stash.) At the time, neither angler was sponsored by the company whose lure earned them a cool, collective $155,000.

[Linked Image]
The lure Gustafson calls the ‘crankbait of grass fishing'.

On the heels of the 2019 season, Gustafson’s first in the Bassmaster Elite Series, Z-Man has legitimized the alliance, inking an endorsement deal with the popular Canadian angler.

“Formally linking up with Z-Man is especially cool because I’ve been friends with these guys and have fished their baits for years,” said Gustafson, while packing for inaugural Elite Series events, two-thousand miles from his Keewatin, Ontario home. “These days, you almost have to fish ElaZtech softbaits and ChatterBaits to stay competitive. Z-Man makes some high-level stuff that helps a lot of guys cash checks.”

“First time I fished with Gussy about five years ago, I immediately knew we needed to have him on the Z-Man team,” said company president, Daniel Nussbaum. “Gussy’s genuine, engaging personality perfectly matches his intense passion for the outdoors. But what also stood out to me was his ability to succeed in tournaments from Ontario all the way to Florida. That level of fishing intuition and versatility is a special gift.”

Beginning almost two decades ago, Gustafson began an incredible run of tournament success, winning the ultra-competitive Kenora Bass International in 2000 and 2008. He also claimed first place at the 2005, 2010, 2011, 2017 and 2018 International Falls Bass Championship and won the Fort Francis Canadian Bass Championship in 2013 and 2014. For the past six seasons, the star Canadian angler has achieved success on the nationwide FLW Tour, claiming numerous top-10 finishes.

[Linked Image]

“Around 2016, Z-Man confidant Drew Reese, who spends his summers near my home on Lake of the Woods, introduced me to a bait called the Hula StickZ,” recalls Gustafson. Reese, who finished seventh in the very first Bassmaster Classic in 1971, has been called one of the top finesse bass anglers in America.

“I was prefishing a tournament down in Arkansas, and Reese drove a couple hours and met me over on Table Rock Lake. He showed me how to fish the Hula StickZ on a Z-Man Finesse ShroomZ head—basically what we know today as the Ned Rig. At the tournament, I fished behind other boats and caught all kinds of bass in used water; the bait propelled me to a nice 11th place finish. It’s been so good to me all over North America now that I always keep a Hula StickZ rigged up.”

Gussy offers further perspective on the emergence of Z-Man baits among his professional peeps: “Z-Man ElaZtech baits have become big players on the BASS and FLW circuits. The baits are as soft and consistent as some of the best hand-pours. Their durability and buoyancy give me a ton of other advantages, too.

[Linked Image]
Gussy’s favorite finesse bait, the Z-Man Hula StickZ.

“When I’m chasing smallmouths in Canadian lakes—places full of pike and walleyes—durability is huge. I can catch 40 or 50 bass on a single ElaZtech bait. And the buoyancy of a bait like the StreakZ makes it sit horizontal in the water, so bass see a totally natural presentation.

“Of course, everyone knows about the ChatterBait and its success in tournaments across the country.

Even my buddy Brandon McMillan, who’s a lifelong flipper on Okeechobee, admits the ChatterBait is now the superior presentation; it’s become the crankbait of grass fishing.”

“Working with pros like Gussy who come in with a pre-existing belief in our baits is a dream scenario,” summarizes Nussbaum. “His passion is authentic; it makes him the ideal person to help us spread the word about our baits and to expand our product line even further.”

About Z-Man Fishing Products: Z-Man Fishing Products
0 40 Read More
Offshore Fishing
01/07/19 01:30 PM

Jay and Connor Wiendl and Maryann Swank chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team to do some deep-sea charter boat sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Fifteen to twenty minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, 1.8 miles from shore. We started the trip trolling the reef, using two deep lines with bait strips and 3 surface lines with Ballyhoo. We trolled offshore from 100 feet of water out to 300 feet of water heading to the south of Fort Lauderdale. We fished up the current edge back and forth over the reef avoiding the scattered weeds and looking for birds and baitfish.

We were trolling in 100 feet of water just off the reef and got a big bite on the planner line. Connor was the angler, and he did a great job fighting this fish. After a nice battle, the angler brought the Black Grouper to the side of the boat. The mate, Joe, gaffed him and got the grouper into the boat and in the fish box. Next, we headed over to a sunken ship wreck and sent a live baitfish down to the wreck. After a while and with no luck, I decided to move to another wreck in shallower water, but still no luck, so I decided to go back to the reef line. We trolled back to the south of Fort Lauderdale in 125 ft. of water when all of a sudden we got a high line bite. Jay was the angler, and he fought an awesome Sailfish. Joe, our mate, wired the Sailfish and then released it.

After a great fishing charter, it was time to head back to the dock. The anglers retired into the a/c salon and enjoyed the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. At the dock, Joe filet the Grouper for the family to enjoy.

For a successful and adventurous deep-sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper, contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.net Website: www.topshotfishing.com.
0 73 Read More
01/03/19 01:58 PM
Happy New Year! I hope everyone is doing well and had a safe holiday season. The next ABA Division 125 Tournament will be January 19, 2019 launching from Galts Ferry Ramp on Lake Allatoona. On-site registration will begin at 5:30 AM. The mandatory safety meeting will be at 6:30 AM. Tournament launch will take place immediately after the safety meeting at safe light. Launch order will be randomly generated this season so no need to arrive to the ramp too early. Weigh-in for this tournament will be at 3:00 PM.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call Matt West at (404)641-6345 or Keith Ridenhour at (770)241-5475. Also, checkout our local ABA website at www.ABANGeorgia.com or the national website at www.AmericanBassAnglers.com for further information. For the current Division 125, Top 25 point leaders, CLICK HERE.

As a quick reminder, use of the A-rig/umbrella rig is now permitted. Below is the schedule for the remainder of the 2018 - 2019 Division 125 Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour Season. ALL tournaments will be located on Lake Allatoona launching from Galts Ferry Ramp:

JANUARY 19, 2019

FEBRUARY 16, 2019

MARCH 16, 2019

APRIL 13, 2019

MAY 4 & 5, 2019 (Two-day Championship)

Hope to see you out there!

Matt West
Director, ABA Division 125 Georgia North
American Bass Anglers
(404)641-6345
Mwest48@bellsouth.net
www.ABANGeorgia.com
0 67 Read More
Offshore Fishing
01/03/19 01:46 PM

Ryan and Loretta Joyce, and their sons, Zack and Drew, along with Louis and Bill Azzinaro chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team to do some deep-sea charter boat sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. As the family boarded the boat, I asked them what they wanted to catch, and their response was that they wanted to see action.

Fifteen to twenty minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, 1.8 miles from shore. We started the charter trolling the reef using a trolling spoon on one deep planner line and a sea witch on the 2nd deep planner line. We worked the area from 100 ft. of water out to 200 ft. of water heading offshore and searching for the school of fish. Our first bite was on the trolling spoon – Ryan was the angler, and he caught a 10 pound Kingfish. Our mate, Joe, gaffed him and put it in the fish box on ice. Next, we started catching Kingfish on the line with the sea witch - they were weighing approximately 9 pounds each. The Kingfish were biting in shallower waters, along with the Bonitas. We continued catching Kingfish with steady action, with Zack and Drew taking turns as anglers.

I decided to try deeper waters around a wreck in 200 ft. of water. We trolled the area and caught a Black Fin Tuna. We next dropped a live bait on a deep water wreck, which was a large sunken ship, and caught a 30 to 35 lb. Black Tip Shark, which was released. We put our trolling gear back out and worked back south of Fort Lauderdale down the reef line. While trolling this area, Louis and Bill caught a couple of Kingfish on the deeper planner lines.

After a great fishing charter, it was time to head back to the dock. The anglers retired into the a/c salon and enjoyed the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. At the dock, Joe filet the fish out for the family to take home and enjoy.

0 78 Read More
12/31/18 12:32 AM
The lake is definitely back up, like 8' since Thursday night at Midnight!! The Park manager opened both ramps up at Gatewood. He also has the annual launch passes available in case you want one! The weather actually cooperated pretty well with temps steady in the low 50s, overcast and no rain!! Water temps are around 47 degrees, pretty dingy at Gatewood, but much cleaner up the Allatoona Creek side (not sure how far but at least in the Allatoona Pass area). I heard from one source that the further you went back in Stamps, it actually clears up. Nothing reported for the Etowah side but I would imagine the Sweet water Little River area is probably pretty dirty?
We had 28 paid entries with a total 52 anglers. There were only 26 fish weighed in and only 2 largemouth bass out of that. 18 boats did not weigh in today.
here's how the money paid out:
6th place for $21 went to Albert with 3 fish for 3.85lbs (four weeks in a row to be in the money!)
5th place went to Bob A. and Jason with 3 fish for 4.16lbs for $42
4th place for $71 went to Nick and Zack T. with 3 fish for 4.31lbs
3rd place for $84 was Mike M. and Jarrod with 3 fish for 4.76lbs
2nd place was Ken H. and myself with 3 fish for 5.28lbs for $97, we also had Big Bass with a 2.92lb spot for $140
1st place for $105 and the side pot for $290 went to Chuck and Caden Moore with 3 fish for 6.03lbs!! (Great Job!!)

Here's wishing all of you a Happy (and safe) New Years celebration. We will be right back at it again next Sunday if they don't suck the bottom out of the lake!
4 288 Read More
Offshore Fishing
12/30/18 05:23 PM

Shawn Paulk, Noah Levison and Craig Katz chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team to do some deep-sea charter boat sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. We had northeast winds today with a light current and clear blue waters.

Fifteen to twenty minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water which is 1.8 miles from shore. We started the morning trolling the reef system from 100 ft. of water out to 200 ft. of water heading north of Fort Lauderdale and started seeing schools of baitfish around one of our 34 wreck structures here in Fort Lauderdale. Our reef system stretches to the north and south of Fort Lauderdale along the coastline which averages two miles off the beach. I was using a couple of deep lines with sea witch strip baits and 4 surface ballyhoo and lure spread.

Shortly after starting the trip, we started catching Kingfish in 100 to 150 feet of water. The rigger line came ripping down, and we had the Kingfish on. I also worked the deeper side of the drop off, and we hooked a few Bonitos. We went over a couple of wreck structures and over the drop off, which produces the best catch. While fishing over the wrecks, we picked up another few Bonitos. I concentrated over an area and started catching one Kingfish after another – great action!

We spent the last hour of the trip trying to catch a Sailfish. We put out two kites in the air with two live baits per kite. We tried for an hour, but, unfortunately had no luck. The total catches for this trip was 8 Kingfish and 4 Bonitos.

After a great fishing charter, it was time to head back to the dock. The anglers retired into the a/c salon and enjoyed the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

0 97 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds
12/28/18 01:58 PM
"SOMETHING A "LITTLE DIFFERENT"

Just put these in my store www.jigs4bass.com flipn/pitchn jigs (stand up head) and $2.99 each!

Mustad, ultra-point , black nickel hook(4\0 in 1\4 oz & 5/0 in the rest.) Constructed with 2X heavy duty wire and round bend.

Available in weights: 1/4, 3/8, 1\2, ¾ & 1 oz.

Wedge shape head to find its way through brush, cables, rocks .. You name it!

Powder painted and baked for durability.

50 strand, all silicone skirt, banded and HAND TIED WITH WIRE!

Trailer keeper and weed guard.

Give them something different to look at! Thanks, Michael

www.jigs4bass.com
0 90 Read More
Offshore Fishing
12/25/18 08:28 PM

Mark and Shane Parker chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team to do some deep-sea charter boat sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Conditions for the day were favorable with blue skies.

We started the charter trolling, using two deep planner lines with bait strips and 4 surface lines with Ballyhoo. We trolled from 100 feet of water out to 300 feet of water heading offshore to the south of Fort Lauderdale searching for bait fish and predators. There was some seaweed in the area, which can be a good sign for action. We fished up the current edge and back over the reef working schools of baitfish and looking for birds – there were many bait fish (flying fish) in all that seaweed.

We got our first bite, a 10 lb. Kingfish, in 130 ft. of water and kept trolling catching another 9 lb Kingfish. The next two fish we caught were Bonitas, which we got on the 3 inch drone spoon. We were trolling over wrecks and rock piles along the reef line and the best area with the most action was in 150 ft. of water. Next, we got a bite on the surface rigger line which was another Bonita. Heading down the reef line, we captured another Kingfish, which ate the bait on the deep planner line. Going down a wave, we got a double header Bonita bite, both on the surface lines.

I decided to head offshore into the swell and wave action. We did have a shot at two Mahi Mahi’s, which pulled the hook. Continuing to work the area, we caught a 10 lb. Mahi Mahi.

After a great fishing charter, it was time to head back to the dock. The anglers retired into the a/c salon and enjoyed the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

0 98 Read More
12/24/18 04:55 AM
Overcast, cool with occasional sprinkles and little to no wind. The water was stained in the main lake with temps around 45 to 46 degrees. Really not a bad afternoon to be on the water!! In fact we had 21 entries again for 35 anglers, I noticed that only a couple of boats left early, but 16 boats weighed fish. We had 46 fish brought to the scales for a total of 91.93lbs (average 2.00lbs per fish), of those we had 8 largemouth weighed in including the Big Bass @ 5.06lbs.
5th place money of $32 went to Ronald H and Ray Nalls with 3 fish for 7.38lbs
4th place was $47 was Ricky Worthey and his compadre with 3 fish for 7.39lbs
3rd place for $63 went to Albert Little with 3 fish for 7.53lbs (nice consistency there, Albert. 3 weeks in the 7lb class)
2nd place at $79 went to Jeff Gravely with 3 fish for 8.95lbs
1st place went to Rick and Danny with 3 fish for 11.77lbs and Big Bass for 5.06lbs!!! Awesome job!! Their winnings were $94 for first, $220 Side-pot, and $105 for Big Bass!!

I would like wish you all a Merry Christmas. I hope and pray that is safe and enjoyable. We will be back out there next Sunday so we will hold the Happy New Year wishes till next weekend
! wink
1 261 Read More
Open Saltwater Discussion
12/24/18 03:00 AM

Are there any folks in here who fish for Pompano in the Georgia surf? Do Pompano show in the surf in late March or do you have to wait til April? I cant find much at all about
Pompano fishing in Georgia on the net. Perhaps the pompano skip Georgia on the way north?
0 162 Read More
12/24/18 12:33 AM
92 243,918 Read More
12/24/18 12:21 AM
up up
3 206 Read More
News & Announcements
12/21/18 05:26 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

St. Croix's Award-Winning Fly Rods Now Available

Mojo Trout’s eleven models cover beginning to advanced fly anglers in any fishing situation

Good trout fishing isn’t too hard to find. Affordable, versatile and smooth-casting fly rods designed for a myriad of trout fishing applications and techniques shouldn’t be either. This line of thinking is the inspiration behind St. Croix’s all-new series of Mojo Trout fly rods.

Now available, the Mojo Trout series consists of 11 new beautiful and dutiful two- and four-piece models ranging from 6’ to 9’ in length and covering the all-important 2-7 trout line weights. The result is a full quiver of premium, high-modulus SCIII graphite fly rods to cover all trout-specific applications - without breaking the bank.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A passionate, lifelong fly fisherman, St. Croix National Accounts Manager Dan Johnston expects the new Mojo Trout rods to be extremely popular with beginning and intermediate anglers, but believes they’ll find homes in the arsenals of fly anglers of all experience levels. “Yeah, they’re that good!” says Johnston. “These are extremely smooth-casting, versatile fly rods that will definitely be appreciated by beginning to mid-level anglers. But their quality components, medium-fast actions, St. Croix Superstar Service warranty and moderate pricing make them an appealing choice for anyone,” he continues, “including seasoned anglers looking to add niche rods to their collections as well as fishing guides.”

MOJO TROUT MODELS
  • MT602.2 (6’, 2-Wt, 2 Pc.)
  • MT663.2 (6’6”, 3-Wt, 2 Pc.)
  • MT703.4 (7’, 3-Wt, 4 Pc.)
  • MT793.4 (7’9”, 3-Wt, 4 Pc.)
  • MT804.4 (8’, 4-Wt, 4 Pc.)
  • MT864.4 (8’6”, 4-Wt, 4 Pc.)
  • MT904.4 (9’, 4-Wt, 4 Pc.)
  • MT865.4 (8’6”, 5-Wt, 4 Pc.)
  • MT905.4 (9’, 5-Wt, 4 Pc.)
  • MT906.4 (9’, 6-Wt, 4 Pc.)
  • MT907.4 (9’, 7-Wt, 4 Pc.)

[Linked Image]

MOJO TROUT FEATURES
  • Premium, high-modulus SCIII graphite.
  • Slim-profile ferrules.
  • Kigan Master Hand 3D stripper guides with aluminum-oxide rings and black frames.
  • Sea Guide® snake guides with black PVD coating for extra hardness and increased smoothness.
  • Uplocking, machined-aluminum reel seat.
  • Premium-grade cork handle.
  • Kigan hook-keeper.
  • Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish.
  • Includes cloth rod sack.
  • Smooth and versatile moderate-fast action.
  • Designed in Park Falls and handcrafted in Fresnillo, Mexico.
  • 5-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.

[Linked Image]

Renowned outfitter, author, instructor and industry influencer Kelly Galloup has lived on fly fishing’s leading edge for over 40 years and takes a keen and critical interest in any new fly-fishing product. “These new Mojo Trout rods are super light in the hand, true to their weights, look great and cast as smooth as silk,” says Galloup, who doesn’t believe in judging any rod by its price tag. “A rod should be judged by its performance, not by how much it costs. These affordable new Mojo Trout rods will perform favorably against any other rods at any price.”

Galloup drills down on what makes a truly great trout rod. “When it comes to a trout rod, I don’t want one that will cast across the parking lot; I want one that is light in the hand, loads efficiently and casts smoothly without being too slow. That’s all I ask. Mojo Trout does all of this and looks great, too.”

New St. Croix Mojo Trout fly rods will be available through established St. Croix retailers in September 2018 at a retail price of $180-$210.
Learn more at: St. Croix Rods

[Linked Image]
0 113 Read More
Offshore Fishing
12/21/18 01:36 PM

Ed Kobialkd, along with his friends, Matt and Ken, from Connecticut chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team to do some deep-sea charter boat sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I received a call three days prior to the charter date for this trip from Ed wanting to charter the Topshot Sportfishing Charter Boat team after finding us on TripAdvisor with a 5 star rating out of 412 reviews. As they boarded the boat, we asked the anglers what they were interested in catching and unanimously they said Sailfish.

Fifteen to twenty minutes after leaving the dock we were in our fishing grounds in 120 ft. of water, 1.8 miles from shore. Due to our extreme drop off, if you venture off another ¼ of a mile, you would find yourself in 500 ft. of water. No where else off of the coast of the USA has such an extreme drop off as close to shore as we do here in Fort Lauderdale.

We started the charter trolling to read the waters with two planners down and four surface baits. Slightly off of the reef line to the north of Fort Lauderdale, a color change was forming – an excellent place to fly the kite. We put two kites out with two live Goggle eyes from each kite. After a 30 minute wait, our first predator made his appearance. Right short – Sailfish – dorsal out of the water, bill elevated as he chased the live bait around in a tight circle trying to capture his meal. Hooked up! – the Sailfish came out of the water, dancing across the blue waters and throwing in a couple of 360 degree jumps. What a show! Matt was our first angler and after a 15 minute battle, our mate, Troy, grabbed the leader and pictures were taken.

We reset the kite again on the same edge, which was in 150 ft. of water. As congratulations were passed around, another black shadow made his appearance on the right long. Sailfish! Ken was the angler – as he brought the fish close to the boat, the Sailfish gave one final jump trying to throw the hook, and, unfortunately, he was successful and swam away. We reset for a third time, and low and behold another Sailfish made his appearance and got hooked up. Ken was our angler and this time successfully brought the fish to the boat. Congratulations to both anglers and crew – a great job.

0 81 Read More
12/19/18 04:09 PM
Thank you sir. I am planning on arriving a littler earlier next sunday.
2 152 Read More

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide