Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokes’ Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 636 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ultra Light, Asleep At The Reel, yankurcrank, Regw70, DeckedOutJonBoats
6377 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 3,966
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 741
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,301
Posts18,861
Members6,377
Most Online1,474
Nov 14th, 2019
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Open Freshwater Discussion Jump to new posts
22 LBS on Topwater! HVBA Classic 2019 - Black Sholes DeckedOutJonBoats 11/17/19 04:58 PM
The regular season is over!
The top six has been set!
It’s time for the 2019 Classic with High Voltage Bass Anglers!

We headed down to Black Shoals to crown a champion! Hop in the boat with all six anglers as they compete for the 2019 crown!

One of these teams is going to end up with over 22 Lbs on top water!

Who will it be? Tune in and check it out!

22 LBS on Topwater - HVBA Classic - Part 1
https://youtu.be/OgGAfv3b3SU
0 11 Read More
Crappie Fishing Jump to new posts
Fishing with Hook City TV (Parts 1 and 2) Asleep At The Reel 11/13/19 01:02 PM
I had the great pleasure of meeting Ken and Pops recently at Lake O The Pines and let me just say the fishing was good and Ken and Pops were awesome. Ken and I have talked for many months on the phone and Facebook but this was our first face to face meeting. Let me tell you, we had a GOOOOOOOD time. We fished, we joked talked noise to each other and all from different boats, well I talked most of it. Both Ken and Pops are outstanding guys with a great sense of humor and I am honored to call them friends. Check out Part 1 & 2. Part 2 is where Ken gets me back for talking the noise. Please like and subscribe and check out Hook City TV if you have not already. He will have his version coming out soon! Can’t wait to see it.

Part 1

Part 2
0 18 Read More
Fishing with The Guys From Hook City TV Asleep At The Reel 11/11/19 12:20 AM
I had the great pleasure of meeting Ken and Pops recently at Lake O The Pines and let me just say the fishing was good and Ken and Pops were awesome. Ken and I have talked for many months on the phone and Facebook but this was our first face to face meeting. Let me tell you, we had a GOOOOOOOD time. We fished 2 different boats but were close and talked a lot of noise to each other, well I talked most of it. These are standup guys. Check out Part 1 below and stay tuned next week for Part 2 which is even funnier. Part 2 is where Ken gets me back for talking the noise.

0 19 Read More
News & Announcements Jump to new posts
Lowrance Announces New HALO20+, HALO20 GFF Staff 11/07/19 04:44 PM
[Linked Image from texasfishingforum.com]

Lowrance Announces New HALO20+, HALO20

The Ultimate Picture from a Smaller Dome

Tulsa, Okla. – Lowrance®, a world-leader in fishing electronics since 1957, announced today the launch of HALO20+ and HALO20 radars – a pair of compact, pulse compression radome units that are perfectly designed for smaller fishing boats.

This new HALO series includes two models that cater to the differing needs of boaters. Both radars provide excellent detection with unrivalled short-range performance, while HALO20+ features the fastest RPM rotation on the market, VelocityTrack™, Dual Range operation and can detect targets from a greater distance than HALO20.

HALO20+ radar delivers a full 360-degree sweep every second, thanks to its industry-first 60 RPM rotation at ranges up to 1.5 nautical miles. These ultra-fast updates give anglers an almost real-time view at close range – offering the ultimate view for collision avoidance of fast-moving targets.

Ideal for a wide range of fishing boats, HALO20+ comes in a compact dome antenna and delivers high-quality short-, mid- and long-range detection. Anglers can monitor two distance ranges at once in Dual Range mode allowing them to keep an eye on distant weather cells, while watching for collision hazards nearby. HALO20+ radar’s pulse compression technology means no compromises in detection at either selected range, while beam sharpening provides enhanced separation between small or distant targets.

With HALO20+, anglers can identify hazards quickly with VelocityTrack Doppler technology, which delivers instant feedback on whether targets are coming toward you or moving away. Simple color coding highlights potential hazards, improving situational awareness and further reducing the risk of a collision. HALO20+ radar automatically checks every target in range, so there’s no need to manually select individual targets, and no limit to the number of targets on screen at one time.

HALO20 is a cost-effective solution for anglers to increase situational awareness and collision avoidance, detecting collision hazards and other targets nearby and up to 24 nautical miles away. With its small footprint and low profile, HALO20 is the perfect radar solution for more budget-conscious buyers with smaller fishing boats.

HALO20 radar also delivers a comprehensive range of features to enhance your situational awareness and on-water safety. Anglers can monitor selected collision hazards with MARPA target tracking, tracking up to 10 targets. Whether navigating through crowded waterways or contending with poor visibility, HALO20 radar cuts through the clutter to give anglers a clear and current picture of their surroundings.

“We are excited to extend the reach of our revolutionary HALO Radar technology to anglers with smaller center-console fishing boats,” said Knut Frostad, CEO, Navico Group. “These new HALO Radars make navigation safer and easier in low-visibility conditions, and have distinct features that cater to fishermen who crave top-end features, as well as those looking for high-performance radar at a more affordable price.”

Both HALO20+ and HALO20 radars offer MARPA Target Tracking, InstantOn™ technology and Harbor, Offshore, Weather, and custom modes that tune the radar’s advanced signal processing to help ensure that targets can be seen vividly – even in the toughest environmental conditions.

HALO20+, priced at $2,199, and HALO20, with a retail price of $1,699, are scheduled to start shipping in December 2019. For more information on HALO20+ and HALO20 radars, visit www.lowrance.com.
[Linked Image from louisianafishingforum.com]
0 77 Read More
America's Boating Club Launches New Streamlined Website GFF Staff 11/06/19 02:30 PM

America's Boating Club Launches New Streamlined Website

Raleigh, N.C. – America’s Boating Club® announced today the launch of its new website. Designed to be a better resource for current and future members, the new website has been streamlined for easier navigation and a more intuitive page flow.

The culmination of a two-year re-branding campaign, the new website features a streamlined design that is compatible with color palette, fonts and messaging of concurrent digital advertising rollout. In addition to the updated look and feel, the new website delivers better context for course descriptions, improved site navigation and easier member login.

America’s Boating Club is an organization geared to all types of boaters at all levels. Membership gives boaters a home for their passion by increasing their enjoyment of boating, enhancing their skills and promoting a sense of community. With nationally recognized boating education that goes beyond the classroom and more than 340 local clubs located across the U.S., America’s Boating Club offers a wealth of opportunities that are highlighted in the dynamic new website.

“America’s Boating Club goes beyond the classroom to supply on-the-water training and an ongoing commitment to its members,” said Gary Cheney, chief commander, America's Boating Club. “When you join, the end of the course is just the beginning. Every local squadron has social and educational activities, provides member benefits and members frequently join a range of community events. With a great number of new members joining our organization, we are excited to update our look and feel to better convey all of that we have to offer.”

For over a hundred years, America’s Boating Club has provided unsurpassed boating safety and education. Offering classes For Boaters, By Boaters™ in boat handling, navigation, boat maintenance, weather and related subjects, America’s Boating Club serves as a community with activities for all types of recreational boaters. With over 25,000 members, America’s Boating Club is comprised of families who contribute to their communities by promoting safe boating through education.

To learn more about America’s Boating Club, please visit www.americasboatingclub.org.
0 61 Read More
Tournament Dates & Information Jump to new posts
Porko's Sunday Afternoon, Nov 10, 2019 Tracker Bob Smith 11/04/19 04:37 PM
The second event of the season is coming up. Hopefully, the weather will hold up and we will get a good turn-out! Just a reminder that the fees are unchanged $20 for the tournament ($15 for the pay back and $5 for Big Bass) and a $10 optional side pot. Three fish limit, 12" minimum, 1 dead fish allowed and Big Bass must be alive, no live bait. You decide if you are a team (as many folks as allowed in the boat) or by yourself, you decide. One entry is three fish. Anyway, most folks reading this have fished my events and would be more than willing to tell you the rules (LOL).

All events are 1PM till 5PM until the daylight savings time shift in March then we finish out at 1PM till 6PM.
All tournaments are held out of Bartow County Gatewood Park: Exit GA-20 exit on I-75 and turn east, Turn south at the light (right from I-75, left from Canton) next to Wendy's onto Spur 20. Go about 2 miles and turn left on Jim Knight Rd., Turn left when it dead ends at the Bartow Beach Rd. (right in front of the COE maintenance yard). Stay on the Beach road and stay to the left past the park Manager's house and follow the signs to the left to the boat ramp
0 105 Read More
Porko's Sunday Afternoon Nov 3, 2019 Done Bob Smith 11/04/19 01:29 AM
The season opener started out pretty well with 24 paid entries, 47 anglers. The afternoon was chilly with high bluebird skies and 66 degree water. Fishing for most of us, was pretty slow! None-the-less, someone will usually find them or at least a couple of pretty good fish. Today was no exception. The totals were ho hum with 42 fish brought to the scales for a total of 60.02lbs (an average of 1.43lbs per fish)
We paid five places this evening and here are the money winners!
5th went to Chad C. and Drew with 3 fish for 4.32lbs, for $36
4th place was Larry (Big O) and Chris with 3 fish for 4.36lbs for $54
3rd place was Smith and Rice with 3 fish for 4.57lbs for $72
2nd place went to Brett and Mike with 3 fish for 5.76lbs for $90 (sure like that new Pheonix!!)
1st place was Nick and Zack! They knocked it out of the park with 3 fish for 7.40lbs and Big Bass with a 4.26lb LargeJaw! 1st place money was $108, Big Bass was $120 and the side pot was $240, Great Job guys!
This Sunday was probably light due to the number of events on the lake this weekend, Deer hunting, and football. Hopefully we will see more and more of you over the coming weeks!
See you next Sunday!
0 79 Read More
Propspeed Introduces Foulfree Coating for Transducers GFF Staff 10/31/19 02:55 PM

Propspeed Introduces Foulfree Coating for Transducers

Leader in Underwater Coatings Ensures You’ll Never Clean Your Transducer Again

Auckland, New Zealand – Propspeed, leading innovator of underwater coatings, announced today the introduction of a revolutionary foul-release coating designed specifically for transducers – Foulfree. Designed by industry-leading engineers and designated by Airmar as a certified transducer coating, Foulfree releases marine growth, reducing the maintenance needed to keep transducers clean and streamlining water flow.

Fouling on the face of transducers can reduce their sensitivity, bottom-echo returns and positive fish targets. Transducers also perform best with minimal turbulence over their surface during operation. Foulfree is a specialized foul-release coating that is biocide-free and does not poison marine growth. Once cured, Foulfree forms a super-slippery surface over the transducer, preventing marine growth from attaching to its surface. Offering a long service life – it lasts a minimum of 12 months, with an even longer life span in cooler climates.

“Foulfree is an exciting new coating specifically made to enhance the performance of transducers,” said Chris Baird, CEO, Propspeed. “Bringing together our revolutionary product design and working with the experts in transducer functionality from Airmar, we are able to offer boaters around the world a new solution to an age-old problem and improve sonar performance for anglers and cruisers alike.”

Foulfree joins Propspeed’s award-winning product line which includes Propspeed an industry-leading foul-release system for propellers and running gear and the groundbreaking transparent foul-release coating specifically formulated for underwater lights, Lightspeed.

For more information on Foulfree, Propspeed or its industry-leading coatings, please visit www.oceanmax.com.

0 96 Read More
Re: Porko's Sunday Afternoon events 2019-2020 Bob Smith 10/31/19 12:07 PM
Only a few more days until we kick off another winter season!! Hope to see ya'll there!!!!
1 158 Read More
How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 Asleep At The Reel 10/26/19 12:36 AM
Several have asked me how I made my transducer pole for Livescope so I made a video. I have been through many test phases, in fact up to version 3.9 the last go around. Think I have it now, thanks to Matt Xenos with Wired For Crappie on Youtube.

0 87 Read More

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide