Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokes Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (GFF Staff), 882 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ratzreelz, Ultra Light, Asleep At The Reel, yankurcrank, Regw70
6378 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 3,991
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 742
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,320
Posts18,905
Members6,378
Most Online2,176
Dec 16th, 2019
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Crappie Fishing Jump to new posts
Re: Reelfoot TN Crappie Fishing Bob Smith 01/20/20 01:22 PM
that is a legendary lake for sure
1 18 Read More
Tournament Dates & Information Jump to new posts
Re: Porko's Sunday Afternoon, Jan 19, 2020 DONE Bob Smith 01/20/20 01:08 AM
Highs in the mid 40s, brisk north wind, Blue Bird Skies and stained water in the 48-49 degree range. Interesting conditions no doubt! We had 21 paid entries, 37 anglers tackled it today with only 7 boats that didn't weigh something. The rest of the boats brought 44 fish to the scales for a total of 77.81lbs! There were 2 largemouth bass, one of which was Big Bass. Here's how the money paid out:
5th place was Mark S with 3 fish for 5.40lbs and $32
4th place went to Jonathan and Albert with 3 fish for 6.05lbs and $47
3rd place was Taylor with 3 fish for 6.29lbs and $63
2nd place was Dante and Dante with 3 fish for 6.70lbs and $79
1st place was the Winter King, Joe Croft with 3 fish for 11.31lbs and Big Bass with a 5.38lb LMB. Joe took the $94 payday for First and $220 side pot, and the $105 Big Bass pot.
Awesome job to Joe and the other money spots!
Hopefully, next weekend will bring us some better weather. We will be there unless its icing and snowing so bad the road and boat ramps are dangerous!
1 68 Read More
Whites - Hybrids - Striper Jump to new posts
Re: Striper Pics Sniper 01/18/20 11:35 PM
Awesome Pic.... Nice to see you getting your young'un out on the water!!!

He will remember that the rest of his life.

What lake was that?? What were you using??
2 6,266 Read More
Re: Fishing Barge or similar Sniper 01/18/20 11:31 PM
Appears to be a nice wheelchair friendly fishing pier off Hwy 441 across the road and slightly north of the Old power Plant
in Milledgeville on Lake Sinclair. Probably further than you want to drive, but others lurking here may not know about it
and find it helpful.

-Sniper
3 310 Read More
Catfishing Jump to new posts
Re: Sinclair CATS......... Sniper 01/18/20 11:21 PM
Hey Bob.... New Year and new bunch of feesh to catch. Started my house on Sinclair. Will be a regular on here once I get finished and moved.. Still using my kitty set-up as described above. My sister uses it from her dock with great success even without me there
to assist.

Sinclair kitties here don't care as much for Danny Kings like they do in Texas. But found another brand that works well.

Tight Lines!!! - Sniper
fish
9 9,820 Read More
Open Saltwater Discussion Jump to new posts
Jan 2020 Florida New Smyrna Daytona Beach Backcountry CaptMikeSavedow 01/16/20 01:43 PM
Winter 2020 is here with chilly water, regular “Florida” cold fronts coming through followed by north and west winds lowering our water levels and making the water nice and clear. East Central Florida winter conditions range from mild to chilly, during mild periods fish are more spread out through the backcountry along drop offs, in channels and in holes, a colder period after a strong cold front concentrates the fish more in a tighter schooling pattern. A couple cold water fish we are catching in winter are Bluefish and Sheepshead in addition to all the resident species which we catch year round, including Seatrout, Redfish, Snook, Black Drum, Mangrove Snapper and more. Artificial lures become a better bet with clear water, the fish in the back channels can see it from a longer distance making lures more effective than in our cloudy water of summer. Repeat client Josh from Australia and now Orlando caught this beautiful 30” Redfish on one of his “Aussie” soft plastics off a back country drop off at our first stop this morning ……………..

[Linked Image from imageshack.com]

I even get to catch a fish every now and then, like this pretty Spotted Seatrout I got on a soft plastic lure during one of those chilly Florida winter mornings ……………

Florida Pompano are a less common member of the Atlantic Jack family which happen to be very good eating as well as super hard fighters as are all Jacks, young Matthew from Ohio with a beauty he caught with me recently ……………

Black Drum are a year around staple fish here in the back waters, most are school size ranging from 1 to 5 lbs. Always hard fighters with a spirited battle on light tackle for even the modest sized ones. Jackson from Ohio had a fun time with this one …………………

Little Amelia was out with her family with me on a recent trip, catching many different backcountry species as usual including a few good Pompano …………….

FUN FRIENDLY LIGHT TACKLE FISHING ADVENTURES
Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry and Flats Fishing
CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES
Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my website https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Capt. Michael Savedow
Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com
0 16 Read More
Re: Porko's Sunday Afternoon, Jan 12, 2020 DONE Bob Smith 01/13/20 12:32 AM
What a beautiful afternoon it turned out to be. It was a little cool, especially in the shady areas, but for January it was great! Water was stained to clear with water temps around 51 degrees most places we went today. We had 30 paid entries (31 boats including my boat, which ran great thank you Busted Knuckle). 18 boats brought fish to the scales. 55 anglers fished, weighing 53 fish for a total of 81.62lbs (avg 1.54lbs per fish) with 4 largemouths (Big Bass was a largemouth).
Here's the money spots:
6th place went to Scott and Will with 3 fish for 5.30lbs and $23
5th place was Steven W., Cody and Brandon with 3 fish for 5.48lbs and $45
4th place went to D2 (Dante and Dante!!) with 3 fish for 5.64lbs for $76
3rd place was Mike Cronin with 3 fish for 5.93lbs for $90
2nd place went to Ken H. and Michael K. with 3 fish for 6.59lbs and $104
1st place was Jason M with three fish for 7.03lbs and Big Bass with a LMB for 3.52lbs, Jason took the trifecta! 1st with $112, Big Bass for $150 and the Side Pot for $310!
Congrats to all of today's winners. Come on out next Sunday and afternoon and join us!!
1 107 Read More
Re: Porko's Sunday Afternoon, Jan 5, 2020 TRACKER Bob Smith 01/06/20 01:23 AM
Our first Sunday event of the New Year came about with cool High bluebird skies, water temps in the high 40's, clean water in the main lake and muddy above the Blockhouse and up the river. There were 40 anglers with 23 paid entries today, we caught 37 fish for a total of 57.26lbs with 5 largemouths. Here's how the money paid out:
5th place went to Jason & Jason (Boat #21) with 3 fish for 4.99lbs and $35 (see me next Sunday for your money, ya left too early!)
4th place went to Ricky and Jason with 3 fish for 5.01lbs and $52, (see me next Sunday for your money, you also left too early!)
3rd place went to Scott Laughman with 3 fish for 5.24lbs and $69
2nd place was Gage and Blade with 3 fish for 6.18lbs and $86
1st place was a clean sweep for Mike G. with 3 fish for 6.24lbs for $103 and the Side pot of $240, AND Big Bass with a 4.06lb Largejaw for another $115!
Looks like Rick and Danny blew a cylinder on the big motor near Little River and worked all the way back to Galts with a trolling motor. My Optimax also started acting badly today, hopefully it isn't something really bad. with any luck I will find out tomorrow!
Boat or no Boat I will be back at the ramp next Sunday so we will see ya'll there!
2 161 Read More
A Great Ending To 2019 Asleep At The Reel 01/02/20 08:14 AM
I got to do one more fishing trip before the New Year came in. I caught some great got lost in a fog bank, put a hook through my glove and caught some slabs. Hope you enjoy.

0 63 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: 2- anchor pins anytide1 01/01/20 11:49 PM
98 366,363 Read More
Re: Porko's Sunday Afternoon, Dec 29, 2019 DONE Bob Smith 12/30/19 12:55 AM
Wierdly Warm weather this afternoon, a little south wind, Water is clean and ranging from 51 to 52 degrees in the main lake. That sounds like a September report (except for the water temp). Anyway, we had 27 paid entries with 51 anglers. There were 54 bass weighed for a total weight of 81.03lbs (average of 1.5lbs per fish). Only three Largemouth were brought to the scales and one of those was Big Bass at 3.03lbs. Here's the way it went down:
5th place was Cody, Jo and Nick with 3 fish for 4.98lbs for $20
4th place went to Wayne I. with 3 fish for 5.12lbs for $41, and Big Bass with 3.03lbs for $135
3rd place went to Dante and Albert with 3 fish for 5.13lbs and $69
There was a tie for second place, we originally were paying 6 places but took 2nd place and 3rd place combined them and divided it in half for the 2nd place tie:
2nd place went to Joe C with 3 fish for 5.66lbs for $87
2nd place also went to Ray N. and Mike W. with 3 fish for 5.66lbs and $87
1st place was Taylor and Pete with 3 fish for 5.75lbs for $101 and the side pot of $280
Congrats to all of the winners!!
WE are officially on ramp watch now. The last Gatewood ramp was very tricky today. If it drops much more it will close (and should so that folks won't tear up thier trailers). If it closes I will let every know both on here and on Facebook on the Allatoona Tournament group. My plan is to use the Blockhouse as a backup and I will contact the CoE this week to be sure. So keep checking here and on FB for any news.
1 166 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Pitchin / Flippin jigs from www.jigs4bass.com Michael Theurer 12/24/19 03:19 PM
[Linked Image from georgiafishingforum.com]

My Flipn/Pitchn jig (or brush jig) is a very versatile tool available to you. Several unique features for this design is the integration of the hook eye into the jig head itself allowing it to slip over and through cover and the stand up head design. Flip it .. Pitch it .. Drag it .. swim it .. or hop it! Use this jig in all kinds of cover (dock cables, rocks, brush and get back way more jigs than I should!
Hand crafted in the Ozarks and Quality Components:

*Mustad, ultra-point , black nickel hook(4\0 in 1\4 oz & 5/0 in the rest.) Constructed with 2X heavy duty wire and round bend. This is a large, tough hook designed for penetration and endurance

*Available in weights: 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4 & 1 oz. to meet every depth or water consideration.

*Powder painted and baked to produce an extremely hard coat for durability.

*50 strand, all silicone skirt, banded and HAND TIED WITH WIRE!

*Spike trailer keeper and weed guard.

$2.99 each

You can now charge your purchases at www.jigs4bass.com to Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express in addition to PayPal and direct payment with money order or personal check.
Thanks, Michael
0 80 Read More
Re: Porko's Sunday Afternoon, Dec 22, 2019 DONE Bob Smith 12/22/19 11:42 PM
Cold Windy and wet!! No JOKE! It really was COLD, WINDY, and WET!. With my boat there were only 5 boats so we did a winner take all pot at $20 each. Joe Croft humbled us with 3 fish for 6.58lbs and a 3.34 kicker. He pocketed a $100 bill. I hope next week is better!! Merry Christmas to all of you!
1 159 Read More

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide