Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokes’ Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Sniper), 416 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
dbwilk, ADAM12, pbabbini, bacolmm, Jayare1077
6395 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Bob Smith 4,049
bojangles 1,483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 757
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
Wally 382
Forum Statistics
Forums28
Topics4,376
Posts19,038
Members6,395
Most Online2,642
Feb 20th, 2020
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Crappie Fishing Jump to new posts
Re: What Happened To My Boat?? Sniper 09/30/20 11:54 PM
So.... I watched this video 2x...…… Still don't know what happened to your boat, didn't see anything unusual.
1 520 Read More
Catfishing Jump to new posts
Re: Sinclair CATS......... Sniper 09/30/20 11:39 PM
Well..... still no one talking CATFISH on Sinclair. My house is a few weeks from being complete. Going to have to hand out flyers at the launch ramps to get this site stirred up some....

Or see if I can convince some guy in Southlake TX that goes by the name of HERSCHEL will come hang out with me in Milledgeville and catch a few cats....

You Ga fans may have seen him a few times.... I run into him all the time... coolio
11 14,685 Read More
Tournament Dates & Information Jump to new posts
Re: Porko's Midnight Madness, Sep 26, 2020 TRACKER! Bob Smith 09/27/20 05:58 PM
Wow, what an evening!! The lake was covered up with tournaments yesterday, School kids, ABA, Carl Noe, then factor in College Gameday and hunting. All things considered, 23 entries yesterday evening wasn't a bad turn-out! In fact we had a total of 46 anglers weighing 70 fish for a total of 109.46 LBs (an average of 1.56 LBs per fish). of that number only 4 were largemouth bass. We padi five places, Big Bass and a Side-pot. Here's how it all came down:
5th place went to Gary and Mark with five fish for 8.28 lbs and $92
4th place went to Fat Rat and Vence with 5 fish for 8.49 LBS and $138. Fat Rat is one tough hombre after enduring a full day of boat captain for his grandson (AJ) and his partner!
3rd place went to Ryan, Jake and Bill Payne with 5 fish for 8.72 lbs for $184
2nd place was Brandon and Jeremy with 5 fish for 8.74 lbs and $230
1st place, Big Bass and the Side pot was owned by McWherter and Thompson with 5 fish for 9.32 lbs, Big Bass with a spot for 3.43 lbs. Money?? 1st = $276, Big Bass = $230 and the side pot $240! A HUGE congratulations to the money spots and those folks that rode it out with us this year!

I was not at the weigh in last night due to a little incident that was probably avoidable if I were paying attention to the signs/symptoms. Before the details, my most heartfelt thanks to all of you that helped me through the ordeal, the weigh in and getting my gear home, That's why I love you guys like family! Stan K. for getting me back to the dock and to the hospital (never waivered, with me all the way!), Larry Owens (Big O) for using his many years of EMS experience to triage me at the ramp, Derek for helping load my boat. Michael Keeney and Ken Heinrich for grabbing the reigns on the weigh-in, stowing my gear and waiting for my grandson-in law, Jacob Bruner and my granddaughter, Savannah Bruner (yes they are newlyweds) to come take my rig home for me. I am simply amazed by all of you! Thank you a thousand times over!
Last night I kept having foot cramps, finger cramps and cramps in my back muscles, in fact over the last few days I have noticed an increase in cramps and muscle aches. I couldn't get more than 45 minutes sleep at a time. A little after 1AM I started feeling woozy and lightheaded so I sat down on my front deck and put my head in my hands. The next thing I remember was Stan trying to wake me and hurrying to get us back to the ramp. According to Stan I dropped like a rock and started convulsing, I don't remember any of that. He and Larry thought that it might have been seizures and hurried me to the ER. After a series of well directed tests, the ER doctor diagnosed me as having severe dehydration. My electrolytes were good, my heart enzymes were normal and indicated everything was good on that part, the CAT-scan of my brain came back normal. It was dehydration. As much as I try to drink plenty of water and power aide, it simply was not enough. This can build up over time and my situation proved that to be true. You have no idea how much you sweat it out, water by itself can go right through your system and out through your urine. Do me a favor, guys, drink plenty of fluids and even more!
1 116 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: clamp-on consoles /storage anytide1 09/24/20 01:26 AM
74 224,262 Read More
Porko's Sunday Afternoons 2020/2021 season Bob Smith 09/20/20 10:53 PM
For those who want to know about the Sunday afternoon tournaments, November 1, 2020 through Mar 28, 2021.
1PM till 5PM until daylight savings time in 2021 then 1PM till 6 PM
$25 entry ($20 to a 1 in 5 payback and $5 to the Big Bass pot), and $10 optional side pot (winner take all)
3 fish limit, 12" minimum
Standard rules, legal in Georgia, legal in Porko's, good sportsmanship expected. Team tournament? You can weigh 3 fish for each entry, how you choose to fish or who you choose to fish with is no concern for me. If you want to bring the whole family, I good with that and encourage it!
I will be going for the permits as soon as they allow us to submit them for next year (let's just hope and pray they try anymore of that covid lockdowns on us!).
up
0 50 Read More
Re: Porko's Midnight Madness, September 12, 2020 TRACKER. Bob Smith 09/13/20 04:26 PM
We got there and started signing folks up, then about 6:15 the skies opened up and "flushed" on us!! It came down in torrents for about 20 minutes before it started to lighten up. It was pretty much over by tournament start, the rest of the night was pretty nice, comfortable, with an occasional breeze. We had 30 paid entries, totaling 59 anglers. There were 73 bass weighed in for 114.2 lbs for an average of 1.56 lbs per fish. 7 of those were large-mouth bass. 17 entries did not weigh fish (I suspect they felt the fish they had would not compete so they released them instead of weighing them in).
Here's how the money spots went:
6th place was Barnes and Thompson with 5 fish for 8.35 lbs. and $60 (Great seeing you again, Warren)
5th place was Stan and Bob (your's truly) with 5 fish for 8.51 lbs and $120
4th place went to Jason and Tyler with 5 fish for 8.55 lbs and $204
3rd place went to Jamey and Brandon with 5 fish for 8.98 lbs for $240 and Big Bass with a spot weighing 4.04 lbs for $300 (see what you missed, Chris!)
2nd place was Cody and Blake with 5 fish for 9.29 lbs and $276
1st place was Gary and Mark with 5 fish for 10.33 lbs and $300 for first and $320 side pot!! I will get the envelopes to these fine gentlemen on Tuesday night since they had the misfortune of what appears to be a blown motor. Thanks to Scott Sanford for bringing Mark and their fish to the ramp. Mark had to go back over to blockhouse to get Gary's Boat. I also heard that Mark may have sustained an injury to his hand in the loading process over there (hope it's not serious!?).

One more Midnight Madness event for this season, coming up on September 26, 2020. Hopefully, we will end the season with a super turnout! We always look forward to seeing you guys so come on out!
2 237 Read More
Bass Fishing Jump to new posts
Re: New here Bob Smith 09/10/20 09:00 PM
I saw it in the tournament section, Hopefully some folks will venture that way.
3 1,202 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
NEW ONES from : www.jigs4bass.com Michael Theurer 09/10/20 02:49 PM
NEW ONES from : www.jigs4bass.com

Got a call from one of my fisherman and he was looking at the clear water patterns but wanted them done in another jig style ...... No problem.... Created a bladed vibrating jig and a switch blade jig in color patterns "clear silver shad" and "clear silver/blue".

Most often clear water conditions calls for natural looking baits mimicking local forage and this gathering is designed to do just that. The base color of the skirt is a clear/silver mimicking shad and some have skirt accent colors to draw the fish's attention. Great for fan casting areas generally searching or use it on schooling fish.... great bait to have on deck!

Bladed Jigs $3.99 each
Switch Blade Jigs $3.69 each

Charge your purchases at www.jigs4bass.com to Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express in addition to PayPal and direct payment with money order or personal check.
When you visit my store at www.jigs4bass.com take a minute and register….it will make your next order much easier and we maintain a record of all your purchases so you can look back on your orders to buy your favorite bait.
Thanks, Michael [Linked Image from georgiafishingforum.com]
[Linked Image from georgiafishingforum.com]
0 161 Read More
State Troopers benefit tourney Lake Murray 9/27 hourly payouts northdallasfisherman 09/10/20 12:43 AM
Can you guys check this out. Every hour has a payout.
State Troopers benefit tourney on Lake Murray 9/27 sponsored by Stivers Chevrolet. Every hour has a payout and it’s for a good cause. Thank you
https://www.sctroopers.org/sctaf/bigbass/
0 74 Read More

© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide