Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokesí Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online
1 registered (Bob Smith), 405 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
redfishslayer99, CaptMikeSavedow, Bstew56, castforkids, CapNJack
6341 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bob Smith 3836
bojangles 1483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 616
Coach Paul 554
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
FishermanFrank 460
Wally 382
Brother Bill 370
Forum Stats
6341 Members
28 Forums
3971 Topics
18421 Posts

Max Online: 519 @ 06/21/17 03:58 PM
Topic Options
#55 - 07/24/11 12:16 PM Welcome to the Bankfishing Section
Bob Smith Online   content

Loc: Cartersville, GA US of A
Yup! This is forum dedicated to the discussion of fishing from the bank. At my age, walking the bank is becoming an adventure that I partake of on rare occasion with my grandson and granddaughter (I still relish those times). There are those of you that actually specialize in this type of fishing, or find yourself restricted to this kind of fishing. No matter, we want to hear from you, what works, what doesn't, where do you fish, what do you want to learn and what do you want to share? These are all good information points. Don't limit yourself to just the fishing part of it, maybe you have a great place to camp, hike and fish that you want the rest of us to know about?
Keep it clean, but enjoy yourself,I am sure there are some humorous stories you can share with us!

#10818 - 09/22/12 11:35 PM Re: Welcome to the Bankfishing Section [Re: Bob Smith]
Malachi300 Offline
Green Horn

Loc: Lithonia, GA
New to Georgia and looking for a good spot for bank fishing. Any suggestions. Please!

#12766 - 04/12/13 10:04 AM Re: Welcome to the Bankfishing Section [Re: Bob Smith]
ProMo Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Woodstock Georgia
Hickory Log Creek Reservoir in Canton georgia, 411 acres..catfish, bream, bass, and crappie. 5.00 per day fee, no gas motor. Contact David-manager at 770-704-1513/ You can google 'Hickory Log Creek Reservoir and it will give you directions and even more details, i think they just opened it last summer to the public. good Luck-Mo

Edited by ProMo (04/12/13 10:07 AM)

Semper Fi/Former Marine 1976-1984 www.castawaybassclubnwga.com

#12768 - 04/12/13 11:18 AM Re: Welcome to the Bankfishing Section [Re: Bob Smith]
ProMo Offline
Extreme Angler

There is also Stone Mountain Park, 350 acre lake where you can either fish from the bank or rent a canoe for 30.00 per day. These canoes can seat 3 people and come with life jackets for each person. The Phone number for the canoe rentals is 678-207-8736. I used to fish this lake when i lived in conyers and it has some good fishing.

#12953 - 04/27/13 01:00 PM Re: Welcome to the Bankfishing Section [Re: ProMo]
rickblane Offline
Green Horn

As I Remember Stone Mountain Park You also have to pay a parking fee and a per person entry fee and the water quality of the lake is questionable.

The other suggestions above are better.

http://thefrugalhamstercyclist.blogspot.com/
Twitter @jdfry3

#13086 - 05/06/13 10:32 AM Re: Welcome to the Bankfishing Section [Re: Bob Smith]
ProMo Offline
Extreme Angler

www.n-georgia.com Click on 'Fishing Lakes' on the left of your screen, several choices here.

#19200 - 05/20/18 12:12 PM Re: Welcome to the Bankfishing Section [Re: Bob Smith]
Bstew56 Offline
Green Horn

Loc: Newnan, GA
Hello. Recently moved to the Newnan area could any one suggest some bank fishing opportunities? Iíve attempted to locate East Newnan lake, but canít find access. Iím from Ohio so still learning the local regulations, where to fish, what is public, etc. I am currently without a boat.

Thank you for any help.

Wishing everyone tight lines.

#19201 - 05/20/18 12:23 PM Re: Welcome to the Bankfishing Section [Re: Bstew56]

Welcome to Georgia and the Georgia Fishing Forum. You have probably browsed the site and seen that we are fairly young to the area and while we may have a lot of browsers, we don't get a lot participation (I am working on that!). Sometimes the Wildlife resources can show you some local bank-fishing opportunities, http://georgiawildlife.com/licenses-permits-passes. I know there are several small bodies in the Newnan-Peachtree area that are open to the public even though I have not fished them personally.

#19214 - 05/21/18 07:17 PM Re: Welcome to the Bankfishing Section [Re: Bob Smith]
Bstew56 Offline
Green Horn

Loc: Newnan, GA
Thank you. Iíve checked out the sites, as well as the DNR page, and while they list some bodies of water Iím having difficulty finding access. Things are very different here, some areas are off limits to non county residents, still learning. I found this forum and was hopeful to find some others with either information or the need for a fishing partner.

Pleasure meeting you.

#19215 - 05/22/18 07:35 PM Re: Welcome to the Bankfishing Section [Re: Bstew56]

I originally hail from Texas and still moderate the Texas Fishing forum. I can assure you that out there you would have had a response within an hour or so. People here are a bit different, not many are willing to chat about fishing. Hopefully we will have some more participation over time.

Moderator:  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

ÔŅĹ 2011-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide