Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokes’ Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online
1 registered (swin), 335 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Todd Driscoll, alan_strong, Delbert Wilson, Max, NorCrossMarine
6349 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bob Smith 3856
bojangles 1483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 680
Coach Paul 554
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
FishermanFrank 460
Wally 382
anglingadventures 376
Forum Stats
6349 Members
28 Forums
4084 Topics
18554 Posts

Max Online: 519 @ 06/21/17 03:58 PM
Topic Options
#19052 - 02/21/18 09:18 AM Porko's Sunday Afternoon, Feb 25, 2018 TRACKER
Bob Smith Offline

Loc: Cartersville, GA US of A

We are coming to the end of February already! This winter has gone by remarkably fast!! The water is warming almost as fast and that means the big girls will be coming up as well! No better time than the afternoon period to get them so come on out and join us on Sunday afternoon! Let's see some heavy stringers!
As always, $20 entry ($5 to big bass and $15 to the 1-5 payback), and optional $10 side pot (winner take all, heavy creel). Fish as team or individual, team is however many you want (as many as your boat will legally carry, or just two, your choice), there is a 3 fish limit per entry. 1 dead fish allowed and Big Bass must be alive.
All tournaments are held out of Bartow County Gatewood Park: Exit GA-20 exit on I-75 and turn east, Turn south at the light (right from I-75, left from Canton) next to Wendy's onto Spur 20. Go about 2 miles and turn left on Jim Knight Rd., Turn left when it dead ends at the Bartow Beach Rd. (right in front of the COE maintenance yard). Stay on the Beach road and stay to the left past the park Manager's house and follow the signs to the left to the boat ramp
If the lot is full or the pay-box has no envelopes, just let me know and I will give you directions

#19060 - 02/24/18 07:52 AM Re: Porko's Sunday Afternoon, Feb 25, 2018 TRACKER [Re: Bob Smith]
Bob Smith Offline

Who is fishing the Porko tournament tomorrow?

#19062 - 02/25/18 07:08 PM Re: Porko's Sunday Afternoon, Feb 25, 2018 TRACKER [Re: Bob Smith]
Bob Smith Offline

Well it was a light to moderate rain all afternoon, but the temperatures were tolerable. Water color was from downright muddy on the main lake to clear in the back of McCaskey Cr and Stamp Cr. Not sure about the upper end of the Allatoona or the Etowah arms. Water temps wherever we went ranged from about 61.5 to 63 degrees (coming up fast). With my boat we had 22 boats on the water, all but two boats brought a limit to the scales (I would bet that those two boats caught fish but released them without weighing them). There were 35 anglers weighing 60 fish for a total of 115.18lbs (an average of 1.92lbs per fish), we had 7 largemouth bass weighed and the rest were spotted bass. Big Bass was a largemouth for 3.85lbs. We paid 5 places, Big Bass and the Side Pot.

Folks, please don't leave early unless you are absolutely sure you are not in the money. Boat #13, "Wayne", won the 4th place money with a 7.50lb stringer. I don't have the last name but if you know who that was, please let him know I have an envelope for him.
Here are the money spots:
5th place was Nick Tunney with 3 fish for 7.37lbs for $32
4th place was Wayne with 3 fish for 7.50lbs for $47
3rd place went to Ronald H. and Tim B. with 3 fish for 8.05lbs for $63
2nd place was Ryan and Ray with 3 fish for 8.65lbs for $79
1st place was Albert and Darren with 3 fish for 8.95lbs for $94, Big Bass with a 3.85lb LMB for $105, and the side pot for $220. GREAT JOB!!
That was a pretty impressive weigh-in for a 3 fish limit, the number and size of the fish were above average. Looking at all the tournaments this weekend on Allatoona and this old girl put on a really good show for everyone!!

We'll do it again next weekend, sooner or later we will get some decent weather. It's hard to believe but we are going to be in our final month of the Sunday Afternoon events for this season beginning next Sunday!
Come and join us!!

#19063 - 02/26/18 08:29 AM Re: Porko's Sunday Afternoon, Feb 25, 2018 TRACKER [Re: Bob Smith]
1Kicker Offline
Outdoorsman

Very impressive weight. Not many sunny days so far this year.

Moderator:  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

� 2011-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide