Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokes’ Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online
1 registered (Bob Smith), 325 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
rattletrap, Mechanics, Redboneco, Todd Driscoll, alan_strong
6352 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bob Smith 3861
bojangles 1483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 688
Coach Paul 554
Tom Cox 501
Craig 480
FishermanFrank 460
Wally 382
anglingadventures 376
Forum Stats
6352 Members
28 Forums
4104 Topics
18581 Posts

Max Online: 519 @ 06/21/17 03:58 PM
Topic Options
#19027 - 02/08/18 11:11 AM Chickamauga Lake
anglingadventures Offline
Angler

Loc: Alabama, USA
I just got an extreme shock when I read the new regulations for non-resident fishing license requirements for Tennessee. I was getting ready to renew my license and found this regulaion requirement for "GUIDES", especially non resident guides at the bottom of the page. Now my question is why can't Alabama and other states do this if Tennessee is doing it. We have several "non resident" guides that come to Alabama to guide for both fishing and hunting, and I guess my main question is why Alabama can't do the same. Tennesse is taking pride in what they have to offer and if you want to enjoy their benefits they are asking you to compensate them for their outdoor privileges, but Alabama is not following suit, or they just plain ole don't care! Alabama is always talking about their "LACK" of funds for outdoor uses and conservation law enforcement, and several of us heard this in the annual Conservation Board meeting in Montgomery, Al. last year. This is one way to help Alabama conservation funding if they would just try it. $651 for a non resident to guide in Tennessee, but "FREE" for a non resident to guide in Alabama!!! Opinions welcome? Mike Carter

#19028 - 02/08/18 12:05 PM Re: Chickamauga Lake [Re: anglingadventures]
Bob Smith Online   content

Loc: Cartersville, GA US of A
Interesting, just googled Alabama and Georgia, and found nothing about the guide license or license fees. do you know if you are required to have one in either of those two states? I know you guide in Alabama.

#19029 - 02/08/18 01:07 PM Re: Chickamauga Lake [Re: Bob Smith]
anglingadventures Offline
Angler

Loc: Alabama, USA
In Alabama you "DO NOT" have to have a guide license to guide anywhere. You are however required to have a USCG Captains license to guide on any Navigable waterway such as the Tennessee river but there is still no requirement for a "guide license". I totally understand and support TWRA in what they are doing I was just wondering why other states such as Alabama don't follow the same guidelines to support their natural resources. There are several guides that come out of state to guide here and they have no "guide license" fee.

Moderator:  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

� 2011-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide