Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokes’ Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online
1 registered (GFF Staff), 405 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bstew56, castforkids, CapNJack, Timmychanga, PatSWA
6339 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bob Smith 3824
bojangles 1483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 606
Coach Paul 554
Tom Cox 496
Craig 480
FishermanFrank 460
Wally 382
Brother Bill 370
Forum Stats
6339 Members
28 Forums
3941 Topics
18374 Posts

Max Online: 519 @ 06/21/17 03:58 PM
Topic Options
#18939 - 11/27/17 05:57 PM Porko's Sunday Afternoon, December 3, 2017 Done
Bob Smith Offline

Loc: Cartersville, GA US of A
We are already into December!! Time really flies (or I'm just experiencing the time thing with getting old!!). It looks as though we have a pretty stable weather pattern this week so I expect the fishing will be fairly good. This weekend will also be the two day championship for the Four Seasons tournament. Sunday will be cut to only 10 boats and the weigh in will be 3PM. There shouldn't be any conflict since we will be launching while they are fishing and they will be ending their event while we are fishing. Jamie and I have communicated and both agree that we should be able to do this with no problems. Sooo, it's game on!! lets see if Babe can make it two for two!?
All tournaments are held out of Bartow County Gatewood Park: Exit GA-20 exit on I-75 and turn east, Turn south at the light (right from I-75, left from Canton) next to Wendy's onto Spur 20. Go about 2 miles and turn left on Jim Knight Rd., Turn left when it dead ends at the Bartow Beach Rd. (right in front of the COE maintenance yard). Stay on the Beach road and stay to the left past the park Manager's house and follow the signs to the left to the boat ramp
If the lot is full or the pay-box has no envelopes, just let me know and I will give you directions

Edited by Bob Smith (12/03/17 07:22 PM)

#18945 - 12/03/17 07:22 PM Re: Porko's Sunday Afternoon, December 3, 2017 TRACKER [Re: Bob Smith]
Bob Smith Offline

Loc: Cartersville, GA US of A
Great turn out today with 40 paid entries (41 boats including mine). A total of 70 anglers weighing 87 fish for a total of 153.13lbs (avg 1.76lbs per fish). The weather was mild, partly cloudy with a NNW wind up about 15mph at times. The water is coming down pretty fast now, but still clear to about 4-5 visibility and 58 degrees. Looking like old man winter will be coming back in a few days and planning to stick around a while. No matter, as long as the roads are clear and the ramp is not iced over, we will be there each and every Sunday through the end of March!!
We paid 6 places and a side pot today, here's how that went:
6th place went to Babe M. and her husband/net-man, Jason with 3 fish for 5.91lbs for $30
5th place was Rick G. and Mike with 3 fish for 6.06lbs and $60
4th place went to Kacy Y. with 3 fish for 6.39lbs and $102
3rd place went to Harris and Cantrell with 3 fish for 6.45lbs and $120
2nd place went to Ken and Wally with 3 fish for 6.52lbs and $138
1st place went to Deron and Steven with 3 fish for 6.96lbs and $150, and the side pot for $410!! Awesome job guys.
Finally our little buddy Donnie Durham weighed one fish... but it was a 5.60lb largemouth that netted him a $200 payday!!
Many thanks to those of you who donated for our 2018 permits today. I really appreciate your help on that. it will guarantee that we will keep on going uninterrupted at Gatewood Boat Ramp in Bartow County. Now if we can get the county to build us a new drop off dock!?
Until next Sunday you folks be safe and don't work too hard!!

Edited by Bob Smith (12/03/17 08:35 PM)

Moderator:  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

� 2011-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide