Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokes’ Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online
1 registered (GFF Staff), 336 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CapNJack, Timmychanga, PatSWA, Ron, waddler
6337 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bob Smith 3816
bojangles 1483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 579
Coach Paul 554
Tom Cox 495
Craig 480
FishermanFrank 460
Wally 382
Brother Bill 370
Forum Stats
6337 Members
28 Forums
3893 Topics
18316 Posts

Max Online: 519 @ 06/21/17 03:58 PM
Topic Options
#18928 - 11/14/17 07:59 AM Porko's Sunday Afternoon Nov 19, 2017 DONE
Bob Smith Offline

Loc: Cartersville, GA US of A
The water is slow to cool down this year and it is finally start to drop (draw down) noticeably. The fish are transitioning as well, a few are still up shallow, but more of them are moving out with the drawdown. That's my guess anyway! We are having the third event of the season this coming Sunday and we would love to see you out there with us!! I get there around noon and collect entry fees up at the top of the hill near the restrooms. Entry fee has not changed, still $20 for the tournament ($15 to the creel and $5 to Big Bass) and an optional side pot of $10 (winner take all, based on heaviest total). Three fish limit, 12" min, 1 dead fish allowed, no live bait allowed.

All tournaments are held out of Bartow County Gatewood Park: Exit GA-20 exit on I-75 and turn east, Turn south at the light (right from I-75, left from Canton) next to Wendy's onto Spur 20. Go about 2 miles and turn left on Jim Knight Rd., Turn left when it dead ends at the Bartow Beach Rd. (right in front of the COE maintenance yard). Stay on the Beach road and stay to the left past the park Manager's house and follow the signs to the left to the boat ramp
If the lot is full or the pay-box has no envelopes, just let me know and I will give you directions

Edited by Bob Smith (11/19/17 06:00 PM)

#18932 - 11/19/17 06:01 PM Re: Porko's Sunday Afternoon Nov 19, 2017 DONE [Re: Bob Smith]
Bob Smith Offline

Loc: Cartersville, GA US of A
High and Blue Bird skies, chilly north wind blowing 15 to 20mph (well it felt that way!), Water temps 60-61 degrees and about 4' visibility where the wave slosh didn't muddy it. All things considered, I still enjoy being out there instead of watching TV!!
I was in good company this afternoon with 37 other folks that felt like I do. 16 paid entries, 17 boats including mine. We paid 4 places, Big Bass and the optional side pot this afternoon. Here are the folks that took the money:
We had a tie for 3rd, so we combined the 3rd and 4th place money and split it. That went to Paul H. with three fish for 4.7lbs and Bill P. and Scott B. with three fish for 4.72lbs, Each boat got $36
2nd place went to Nick and Danny with 3 fish for 5.31lbs and $72
1st place was "Mad Max" Wilson with 3 fish for 5.67lbs and Big Bass with a spot that weighed 3.10lbs. His winnings? $96 for 1st, $160 Side Pot and $80 for Big Bass!! WTG!!!
Hope you guys enjoy your Turkey Day and we will see you next Sunday!!

Moderator:  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

� 2011-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide