Coastal Conservation Association Georgia
BASSMASTER
GFF on Facebook
International Game Fish Association
Barry Stokes’ Southwest Outdoors Report
Honey Hole All Outdoors Television
Advertisement
Who's Online
3 registered (Tom Cox, swin, Bstew56), 409 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bstew56, castforkids, CapNJack, Timmychanga, PatSWA
6339 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bob Smith 3825
bojangles 1483
IceAAA 923
GFF Staff 606
Coach Paul 554
Tom Cox 499
Craig 480
FishermanFrank 460
Wally 382
Brother Bill 370
Forum Stats
6339 Members
28 Forums
3944 Topics
18379 Posts

Max Online: 519 @ 06/21/17 03:58 PM
Topic Options
#18534 - 12/13/16 10:51 PM Hello!
Jeremy Offline
Outdoorsman

Haven't stopped by in quite some time since moving to Ohio. Just wanted to say Merry Christmas and a safe New Year to you all! Hope all is well Bob! Here are some reflecting photos from 2016. Couple Saugeye &a Sauger as well as some strip mine bass and blue gill. That blue Gill was one of 1000 this year but that very one landed a Fish Ohio. Bass average 2-3 lbs nothing special but a fun catch. It's hot grease and Saugeye/Sauger time! Going this weekend for some Steel Head next! Tight lines!

#18538 - 12/14/16 11:14 AM Re: Hello! [Re: Jeremy]
Bob Smith Offline

Loc: Cartersville, GA US of A
Awesome stuff there, Jeremy, I had a buddy in Tennessee that used to catch Saugeye during the winter on the Tennessee River and the Cumberland River. I never got a chance to taste them but I heard they are absolutely delicious! Those B-gills are good too, try filleting them (boneless) and cutting them in 1/2" strips, then boiling them in Zaterain's crab boil or something similar, skim them out once they float, then boiling new potatoes and green beans in the same water. Once the potatoes are done, put the fish back in to warm them up, then serve as a one pot meal!! You will be surprised how good it is!

#18543 - 12/16/16 01:04 PM Re: Hello! [Re: Bob Smith]
Jeremy Offline
Outdoorsman

Thanks Bob! This weather is brutal lol getting use to the warm Georgia south then moving back has all my bones on strike! It's been a cool 6-9 degrees over the past 3 day with a wind chill of -11. Tomorrow is sunny and 50! The weather here is so off balance but makes for days I can get out to catch some Saugs! I would think that the Sauger and Walleye would be in the very northeastern part of Georgia? Saugeye are obviously have to be stocked because they are a hybrid I would guess Sauger and Walleye would be in the Tennessee/Georgia areas?

Moderator:  bojangles, IceAAA, Mwest48, Wally 

� 2011-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide